Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #10641 
Ashthemutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by britnyjackson View Post
So here are my babies from left to right.
Tyrian, Rosie, Halo, and Ajax
I love your tank! How big is the one with the dividers?
Ashthemutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #10642 
Graceful

This is my new betta's home! He's still not very sure about it... staying mostly in the top corner. I want to add a few leaf hammocks for him.

The betta, who is still unnamed - I'd love some help coming up with names!

And his home:

Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #10643 
Betta Nut

Amphirion... just, wow! beautiful tank!
Ashthemutt.. not seeing the pictures :(
Graceful... pretty new boy, he looks like a Rufus!
Betta Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #10644 
BatCakes

Sorry about the glare on the tank in the picture, but I added some new plants today, and got some Amano shrimp (which are still alive, so that's good...)

BatCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #10645 
Spectacled

I just got Kaz on January 16 so we're still getting used to each other. He's a swell little guy, though. And he's also very convenient because I work wonky hours (4 p.m.-11 p.m.) and he prefers darkness anyways. Whenever I have a light on, he hides and gets very cranky.
This is my first fish, tank.. well.. everything! I've got a mixture of live and fake plants in there (for now). I just picked up a siphon today so I can do regular water changes/gravel cleanings. The water is about 79-82 degrees and he's got a filter with one of the baffles as recommended by the DIY thread. He loves the crowded-ness of the tank. He's been super happy and active since I added these plants and he can swim and hide. He was playing hide and seek with me earlier today! This is a dangerous addiction and I'm totally fine with it.
If you see anything I can change, let me know!
Attached Images

Spectacled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #10646 
Betta Nut

Batcakes... Gorgeous aquascaping you have!

Spectacled... You've done a great job for a first timer, and Kaz obviously agrees!
And I love your sig, heh.
Betta Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #10647 
PixieDee

This is my tank so far. I need a new filter, heater, another silk plant, and a stone engraver to make runes that'll be safe for my fish. I'm going with a pop culture viking-ish theme.

PixieDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #10648 
BatCakes

Thanks Betta Nut! I'm always in doubt of my tank-scaping abilities because of looking at all the other gorgeous tanks, haha.
BatCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #10649 
Mashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDee View Post
This is my tank so far. I need a new filter, heater, another silk plant, and a stone engraver to make runes that'll be safe for my fish. I'm going with a pop culture viking-ish theme.

I love the mask! It reminds me of the movie. haha
Mashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #10650 
CmwVII

New here

Hello my name is Chris and I just set up my new tank. Once I get some photos updated I will post them. I just wanted to list what I am running for my first time tank. I had a few goldfish tanks growing up with my mother and with her passing on the 10th I wanted to do a tank on my own in honor of her. So, here is what I am running....

Tank: Fluval Spec III
Filter: Fluval Spec III filter, Fluval Edge pre filter on Fluval Spec III outlet
Media: Fluval Spec Carbon pack, Fluval Spec Bio Max pack, Sea Chem Purigen 100mg
UV Sterilization: AA-Aquariums bubbler sterilizer
Air Pump: Marina 50, check valve
Oxygenation: AA-Aquariums bubbler sterilizer
Heater: Marineland 25w adjustable heater
Lighting: Fluval Spec III stock led lamp
Lighting Timer: ZooMed timer
Substrate: FloraMax
Plants: 2 Anubius planted in substrate, 1 Anubius on a lava rock, 2 Anubius Nana planted in substrate, 1 Marimo Moss Ball
Decor: 1 Small Pagoda, ZooMed floating betta log
Treatments: API Tap Water Conditioner, API Quick Start, API Co2 Booster, API Leaf Zone, API Acuu-Clear, API Stress Zyme, API Stress Coat
Occupants: Halfmoon Betta, mystery snail, 5 ghost shrimp

I may be missing some things, but that should get me going on here. Any comments, good or bad, will be accepted with the idea if all ideas can help my new friends live a happy and healthy life.
CmwVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank