Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Red face Male and female getting along?

Now before everyone gives me the speel that male and female bettas are not to be put together unless you are totally informed on how to breed, let me just say that this didn't happen intentionally. I split my 29 gallon so that on the two ends I have one male in each section then my 5 girl sorority in between. Somehow my smallest girl keeps going back and forth from the sorority section over to Zatara's. Ivy's the smallest of the girls and always gets picked on, so I guess she enjoys being on his side better. He leaves her alone and doesn't seem to care, he shows off flaring for all the other girls on the other side of the divider, but only flared once at her when she got too close to his food. Every time I move her back, she comes right back to Zatara's side. I can't seem to fix wherever she's getting through, but I guess as long as she can get back with the girls, I'll just leave it be. It's just so weird! Has this happened to anyone else?
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #2 
MauiFishForever

wow sounds weird...i would keep an eye out juust in case...
MauiFishForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:52 AM   #3 
Firefly

Well it all depends on your betta, its not to say they will ALways be aggresive towards eachother. My friend had a 25 gallon community tank, with a male betta, and she had her female in a tiny 1 gallon maybe a 2 gallon and then she put her in the community tank and the male and female never faught. :) so it all depends on the Bettas personality. Maybe because ur female is very tiny the male doesnt feel threatened
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote