Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #1 
Alphahelix

Tail types + more sorority pics!

Finally got everyone set up in their sorority and need some guidance on colors/tail types!

The four females from snowflakes HMPK marble bunch- I'm not wondering so much spread type (I'm pretty sure they are Super delta and HM) but I'm wondering if they are comb tailed? their tails do not have smooth edges:

Kitty :)

Jazz

\Willow\

Keiki (means baby in Hawaiian) Also, she is a color changin mystery to me. She changes colors in a matter of seconds and develops stress lines/turns white whenever I feed the group or move her. I barely recognized her. Is this normal? She isn't bullied, in fact she is top dog lol

And tail types for these beauties!

Rogue

Big Momma

Love both these ladies from basement bettas but I'm terrible with female tail types :/

And to show the dramatic color changes once they got to their permanent home:

^Big Momma in her new home

Alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I believe snowflakes Bettas are from HMPK if I'm not mistaken. PK normally have ray's that stick out, they vary in size and length and sometimes almost look like CTPK which does exist. They look very much like normal HMPK's to me. For both of BB's fish they look like Super DeT's. And yes it's normal for them to change color quite a bit, especially if they are alpha I notice, they will constantly change stripe patterns from "stressed" to barring which I found is also a sign of dominance between girls and then just normal. They are all marbles anyway (except BB's) so they can change whenever their color cells deem it lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #3 
Alphahelix

AHA! Thank you, yes I assumed they would be HMPK but the "comb tail" appearance confused me. Is this an appropriate term to use for them?

And I didn't know that stripe patterns were a dominance sign! That makes much more sense for this particular female's situation! Thank you:)
Alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #4 
konstargirl

So pretty! <3
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I usually call them PK spikes lol I'm not sure if there is a legit term for them but I wouldn't use Comb tail for a legit term since that's a whole different tail type, I understand for explaining it to someone and all but definitely not the right term is all.

And the stress stripe pattern, I'm not sure if that is also a dominance sign for them in a sorority situation but I definitely know the vertical bars are but I often saw my alpha switch between all of them very frequently, kind of like flashing a badge all around letting the place know you are a cop/detective/official or in this case, top dog/alpha lol.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #6 
TruongLN

Wow those girls look amazing, the tank is absolutely stunning as well! Amazing job.
TruongLN is offline   Reply With Quote