Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #11 
Laki

19 Dec 2013

Realised I have not updated in a while. Fern Back hasn't changed too much in the last few weeks but here he is tonight. Certainly changed since last update!

I was told he was born in around May 2013 so I would assume he should be full grown but he doesn't seem as big as he should be. He's small like my old CT Bowser and his fins are not developed like a lot delta tails (which I'm glad because I don't like the dorsal fin on some deltas) .. So I'm also thinking he's a mix between VT and HM because the breeder was off the handle and all over the place with what she was saying.
Attached Images

Last edited by Laki; 12-19-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #12 
Laki

Aaaaaaand, we moved. Dec 31st we moved so FernBack was through the gammet of cup life and quarentine tank while we settled and figured out what to do. Then our island went through days long scheduled and non-scheduled power outages and his q-tank got really cold which is when I decided to put him and his plants in the 5 gallon. He's happy as a clam in his HPT, pics...

Still trying to grow up the left side of the tank as the light isn't as good. AND I literally just saw a fire red shrimp scavenging through the gravel. I don't know how many of the 4 male RCS are left but there's at least one vibrant boy!
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #13 
konstargirl

What a difference he is now/ Did you buy him as a baby betta you know you see at petco
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #14 
Laki

Thanks! No, there's a hobby breeder here who got her initial stock fish off the better-known breeder (who I got my steel blue plakat off of) and bred a VT to a HM or something as her first spawn to see what she would get. So I had him since he was about 3 months old, he was so small then! I was hoping he would be darker blue like his daddy but I'm happy with him.