Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #21 
vaygirl

I can't wait to see updated pictures. I really like the wild look bettas. I agree with Mister Sparkle (<---- every time I see your name I get Simpsons flashbacks). It's really her body shape that's wild looking to me. Like the pictures above.

Stores are crazy. I bought my Corys and they were supposed to be Brochis Splendens. They're so obviously not. They don't even have the right number of rays. They still haven't fixed this at Petco. You never know what you're going to end up with.

Anyway, I think she's VERY pretty!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #22 
Welsh

She's not ugly, she is very pretty =) She looks a lot like my Angel, she also has turquoise fins and is beautiful, I'm very protective over her for some reason lol.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #23 
lastbook87

Well, I went back to get that pastel CT male, and he's currently (probably) dying in a one-gallon bowl of clean, warm water. He's basically just laboring at the bottom of the tank. Every once in a while he tries to swim, but he just ends up jerking his body with minimal forward motion. It's a shame, because I can tell he'd be really pretty if he were healthy. I also got a VT male with an absolutely horrible case of fin rot. Sigh. Unless one of these boys runs off with my heart, I'm going to be finding them homes afterward. Sorry for the crappy pictures... Iphone pictures again.

Here's the Veil Teil:

And the Crown Tail:

I feel kinda bad posting pictures of him... He's just so sad. But I feel worse for not having picked him up when I got Sparrow, because he wasn't this bad then.
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #24 
vaygirl

Your VT looks like a young dalmation. That's a shame about the CT. Poor lil guy.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #25 
1fish2fish

If that VT is a Dal I will take him!!!

Since Fish died I've been searching high an low for another Dal. I could get an HMPK one but I want either a VT dal or a HM.

I feel bad for the little CT. I would lower the water level so he can breathe.. even if you have to take the heater out.. air is what is important.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #26 
lastbook87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
If that VT is a Dal I will take him!!!

Since Fish died I've been searching high an low for another Dal. I could get an HMPK one but I want either a VT dal or a HM.

I feel bad for the little CT. I would lower the water level so he can breathe.. even if you have to take the heater out.. air is what is important.
Right after I took about half of the water out, he swam up and took a nice big breath. And he's moving around a bit more just in general, too, which is definitely not what I expected. I mean, he's not exactly doing backflips in his bowl, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for the advice!

I'll keep you updated on the VT, too, though I promised my little sister she could have first pick if she wanted one. And I'm slightly terrified of shipping a fish, lol, but if people have been doing it for years, then I'm sure I can.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #27 
1fish2fish

Well if your sister wants him by all means let her have him. I'll find one eventually I hope.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #28 
lastbook87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Well if your sister wants him by all means let her have him. I'll find one eventually I hope.
Just got off the phone with her, and she definitely wants the CT. So, once he's all fixed up, if you still want the VT (I've taken to calling him "Dax"), he's yours.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #29 
1fish2fish

Let me know when he starts getting better and I'll take another look at him. :)
Old 05-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #30 
Starbright

Aww your fish are pretty! :) It's so hard to resist buying these little beauties, huh? If my mom let me have my way, I'd have 10+!! It's good that youre finding nice homes! :D
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote