Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #1 
Welsh

What's going on with this heater?

Man i've posted a lot of threads this week.lol.

Anyway, I have QT my betta to treat him for fin rot. I have him in a 1 gallon vase, I know its not ideal but its the best I got.

You all know I have been having trouble with my hyrdo heater, not heating my 2 gall tank to 80 degrees, well the weirdest thing just happened. 3pm this afternoon I filled the vase with boiling water from the tank and added cold to cool it then I put the heater into the vase just so I could rest knowing he had some sort of heat, i let it be until I felt the glass a couple of minutes ago and the water is a steady 80 degrees. How is this possible? is it because I have little water? in his 2 gall its always 60 degrees.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 AM   #2 
ldempsey

I wonder if the heater isn't powerful enough to raise the temperature to 80, but is just powerful enough to hold it at 80. A smaller body will loose its heat faster than a larger one.
ldempsey is offline   Reply With Quote