Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #11 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I've never had a betta with no personality- but people have had bettas with no personality apparently.
Are you hoping for any specific type of betta? There are tons out there.
Not really...I'm more or less going at a swing of whatever strikes my interest in a betta...or the most healthy one there. I do however like those betta's with kinda spikey fins kinda like this picture.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/o...m/Betta_17.jpg (random betta picture I found to show what I mean)

Then again I also like "butterfly" or "halfmoon" betta's...I think those are the names for them.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #12 
Betta Slave

Crowntails, you mean? They're some of my favorite too :)

Here is a list of betta tails and colorings, if you haven't seen it-

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868

I like halfmoons as well. But Plakats are my favorite ^_^
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #13 
Terranariko

Quote:
Crowntails, you mean? They're some of my favorite too :)

Here is a list of betta tails and colorings, if you haven't seen it-

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868

I like halfmoons as well. But Plakats are my favorite ^_^
Umm...I do like the crowntails, also I think I mistook "butterfly" for a type of betta when it's a type of coloring for a betta...XD

you know what...you can never really tell what your gonna get in life, so I'll just see when I get there! XD
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #14 
Betta Slave

That's fine, I got confused with colorings and tail types too lol and I still do.
Take some pics when you get your betta please!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #15 
Terranariko

Quote:
That's fine, I got confused with colorings and tail types too lol and I still do.
Take some pics when you get your betta please!
I'll try to get some pictures, anyway it's getting late here, time for bed. Goodnight then, say goodnight to your betta's for me. XD
Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #16 
Betta Slave

I will lol, and my bettas say goodnight to you too ;)
Good luck ;)
Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #17 
Yangstah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranariko View Post
Noting much to ask, I'm more on worried mode right now. Will it die if the water even gets a little bit cold?
well water should stay around 75-82 degrees, but im sure it can stay in 56 degrees water as well but other than that if it gets to cold like 34 degress it can get stress out and die... but im pretty sure ur betta will do fine :D
Yangstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #18 
Terranariko

Yangstah: Oh well I thought they had a smaller tolerance for temperature, good to know that.

I can't wait to get him, I wanna get a male since they have pretty fins...I may get a mate for him...since I'm getting another tank from someone but it's smaller...maybe just a 1-5 gallon tank...I think thats good for a female right? It'll be a while before I get a female I think or if I even do get a mate for him... The males tank is around 10-15-20 gallons...that should be good for spawning right? If I decided to do so that is.

Besides the pet shop had mostly males...actually I think they only had males on display...odd... but I know they had some pastel colors, some solid ones...there was a soild red, blue, black one when I went there...isn't black rare or something? I also think they had one that was a bunch of colors like purple,blue,red kinda thing...

But by the time I go check for one (which might only be in a week or two) there will most likely be other ones...I wonder what will be there...hopefully something I like. XD

Are there certain colors that are really rare? I think white and black are rare aren't they? maybe green...I've never seen a green betta before.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #19 
Betta Slave

Wait, I don't mean to throw you off, Yangstah, but I had a power out at my place a week or two ago (I realized when I came home) and the temperature was much below normal for the bettas, they just sat at the bottom. I don't think they'll die, just become much less active. Of course, if the water becomes about to freeze, or really cold, yes.

True greens, purples, dragons arent exactly common, I've never seen a bi-color, cambodians arent very common, same with butterflies, piebalds, and masks.
Of course, my pet store sucks. But I've never seen one of these bettas in real life before (except for dragons.) I see black a lot. The betta you're looking at prob isn't a true black. I bought Augie (my ct) solid red and a day later blue, green, yellow, and black came up on him. Bettas from pet stores almost always color up.

No, females need the same amount of space as males do. And don't breed themm unless you've done research, you could end up with 300 fry and have no where to put them! Research and research and research and research some more if you're looking to breed.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 05-06-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #20 
Terranariko

Quote:
Wait, I don't mean to throw you off, Yangstah, but I had a power out at my place a week or two ago (I realized when I came home) and the temperature was much below normal for the bettas, they just sat at the bottom. I don't think they'll die, just become much less active. Of course, if the water becomes about to freeze, or really cold, yes.

True greens, purples, dragons arent exactly common, I've never seen a bi-color, cambodians arent very common, same with butterflies, piebalds, and masks.
Of course, my pet store sucks. But I've never seen one of these bettas in real life before (except for dragons.)
I'm sure mine sucks more...although they did have a nice black one...but sadly...those betta's where in reaalllyy small box's for tanks...they looked so depressed...and I think there is a current inbetween the tanks that makes them go to the bottom...some even stick to the tank because of the current is holding them there...D= hopefully when I get mine I can save him from that...I don't even think the "tanks" are a few inches by inches...their about a cup or less of water as well...and there is this weird green plant growing in the tanks as well...but they are better then walmart thats for sure...I feel so sorry for those poor fish at walmart...but I don't think the petshop means to do that...they do have a lot of tanks and they are well taken care of...but I think the reason they are in such small containers is because of that myth that they live happily in small amounts of water. Another problem is that there is that the seperators are clear...so each MALE betta is next to each other...I'm pretty sure they flare a lot...which isn't very healthy for them.

Also...I will most likely not breed them. I wouldn't know what to do with 300 fry...XD
anyway...besides that I do know how to breed them...but I wont because of the space restrictions...