Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 PM   #31 
Jupiter

Yeah SummerOJ, I don't know what cats find so alluring about fish food...
When my cat was younger, he used to play with and eat potato bugs. :/
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #32 
Nikita

when i kept feeder fish for my old snake i'd lose many a packett of fish food, now i own two betta and the food is in bottles that Bagheera can't get into ^-^
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #33 
sjones

Oh yes, I remember the day when my seemingly cute harmless kitten finally got big enough to knock my small aquariums off the mantle and kill my fish. I was horrified. :( Now I am thinking of getting some of that industrial velcro sticky strips from Home Depot to anchor my 3 gallon critter keeper just in case...
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #34 
Hopeful

I'm not a cat person really, Im a ferret person. I currently have three. I have only had the fish for about four months but I can still remember the first week I got them. I was setting up my tanks and Stumpy(My three footed half tailed sable male) would sit on my foot and watch the first time I turned my back on him he got on the table I caught him just as he opened the lid. Clever boy.
He also insisted to steal the little containers of fish food I found him sleeping curled around blood worms and betta-min. Tricky devil.

Also my ferret rose can open cupboard doors as well, she choose to steal the gallon of linaton that is hidden their it is quite funny to watch her attempt to drag of a gallon of liquid. Its crazy seeing some of the things they steal when you arent looking.
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #35 
Cloelia

My cat, fortunately, lives outside (and in our garage when it gets cold, don't worry). But every time she does manage to get in, she heads straight for our 55 gallon tank and just stares at the fish. My dad made a built-in shelf to house the aquarium and make storage above it, so there's enough room to get the lid off, but not enough for my cat to get on top of it. I know she wants too, though. I would not trust her around my betta.
Cloelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #36 
vaygirl

My best friend's ferret used to steal everything! I mean everything. He had this huge green glass jar in her room and he'd stash everything in there. We had to check it daily. I always wanted one cause their such lil thieves. The image of a ferret wrapped around a thing of fish food cracked me up. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #37 
Hopeful

It wasnt just one it was three different kinds he also had a menagrie of paper rolled into balls, lids from different things, my shoe(only one of course he stashed the other some where else) and my spare car key. *sigh*
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #38 
vaygirl

Lol. Yeah, that's along the lines of what I remember. The paper especially. And a car key? He's bad!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote