Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 PM   #21 
Mister Sparkle

No...the pots won't cause algae.

If the BBA doesn't seem like it's what you see, then do another search for "brown algae", or more appropriately, "diatoms". Most of us deal with diatoms to some extent or another.
Mister Sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #22 
xxabc

Diatoms are more of a brown, aren't they? Still wouldn't hurt to check, though.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #23 
Nikita

ok, i'll take a much closer look at it tomorrow, i'll try to get pics too.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #24 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
aww thank you, i bought a tank light for him though, that's where he gets his light, it helps a little with keeping his tank warm, i do have a heater but it dose get cold in my room, is there a certain bulb i need to buy?
Are the fish you're talking about the grey/ brownish things that look sorta like sharks but with suckers for mouths? i will be splitting my tank for Shere Kahn and Kiki so i'd have to buy two... but maybe not.. i don't want to abuse a poor fishy by putting it in too little a tank.

Kiki may have blue spots insted of green, she is definetly healthy , but i'm still gonna keep her and shere kahn out of the same tank for a week. i can't remember who said it but someone on here is compleatly right betta's are gate way fish. ^-^

yea thats the kind but also i wouldn't get it because of the divided tank thats not good..tank would be way too small
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #25 
Nikita

sorry it's so huge i don't know how to change it, that is the stuff thats in my tank, i can't pin down if it looks black green or brown i had other pics but i somehow deleted them in the process.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #26 
Nikita

it's not normal green though i know what that looks like, my brother's gold fish wasn't always taken care of so it grew rampant in the tank.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #27 
Mister Sparkle

Looks to me like it could very well be diatoms. Lots of nutrients in your water is what causes it. More water changes will help a bit, and clean them when and where you don't like them. I let them grow in some places, though, because they really are sort of a good thing and I actually think they add a "natural" touch to the aquarium. If you had more light, you'd probably get more green algae.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #28 
Nikita

ok so if i keep scrubbing the glass it grows on it will eventually move to a differant spot? and it wont harm my fishies?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #29 
Mister Sparkle

Pretty much! It sounds like you're doing a good job!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #30 
Nikita

lol not really, at the moment my poor fishies are in bowls here at gramma's because i'm away for the week (i go home tomorrow) and my cats are notorious fish hunters, my last two fish were killed by them, but i do have more equipment, like i now have a proper tank and hood, but i don't want to know if my cat can somehow take the hood off. but tomorrow i will be setting up for kiki! then they both can swim happy in lots of room, i just need to buy more plants (fake and real) and then i will have a complete tank!!!! (well i have to get around to cycling but i can't do that till i have a better place to put my fish than the stupid bowls) ^-^ yay bettas!