Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #11 
4pawsfish

what kind of storage bin are you referring to? I need a tank to begin raising betas again (for the 3rd time). Petco has a 20 gallon kit for $70 this week but was looking at a cheaper start.
4pawsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #12 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxabc View Post
Your fish isn't necessarily going to DIE without a heater, but it'll go step by step towards that direction... kinda. It's more like: He gets lethargic, and is more susceptible to disease. His immune system weakens. Etc, etc.

Alienbetta ... how in the world would he ever make a nest down there. Make sure it's not simple air bubbles.
He grabbed the rocks and put the around like in a ring and he would sleep in it!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #13 
xxabc

...I'm having trouble imagining that. Was the rock floating? Because I know for sure their bubble( from the nests) float, so there's no way it would stick to something aside from each other.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #14 
sjones

this heater only raises the water a few degrees, and I used it for a week in a 2-3 gallon tank-not great-that's why i ordered my stealth-it is great-has been set on 82 degrees and works like a charm.
I don't need the 7.5 hydor anymore so if anyone needs it pm me.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #15 
LittleNerdBot

I will be getting a betta soon and have a 2.65 tank with a crappy filter that I might change. Is there any mini heater that won't boil my fish(heat to a certain temparature then cool off and when it gets cold again it heats back up)? Also, can you explain the whole cleaning the tap water with so many things to me? I really appreciate it. Thanks
LittleNerdBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #16 
ecoprincess

Quote:
...I'm having trouble imagining that. Was the rock floating? Because I know for sure their bubble( from the nests) float, so there's no way it would stick to something aside from each other.
I dont think they mean "bubble nest" i think more like a bird nest....so the betta would sleep in the nest at night?

:) :)

lol
ecoprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #17 
xxabc

But ecoprincess, what would the "nest" be made out of? Bettas aren't exactly like that ...

LittleNerdBot, the Tetra Whisper Heater 2-15 (from walmart) works fine in tanks like that. The only time it will boil a fish is if it malfunctions.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #18 
hcgirl15

i just got a heater and a brand new tank for them
hcgirl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #19 
LittleNerdBot

Smile

Quote:
But ecoprincess, what would the "nest" be made out of? Bettas aren't exactly like that ...

LittleNerdBot, the Tetra Whisper Heater 2-15 (from walmart) works fine in tanks like that. The only time it will boil a fish is if it malfunctions.
Thank you! I will see where I can get one!
LittleNerdBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #20 
sjones

Just saying, the tetra heater i got from Walmart didn't work and i got the same looking heater form petco I think it was by hydor and it did not work either.
I would recommend the Marineland Visi Therm Stealth 25 watt for a good heater for a 3 gallon.
As for your the questions, I would post them on a new thread so people can help you
good luck!
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote