Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

Yeah. I think all of us that have 3 or more fish get that way from time to time.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #12 
Starbright

After having 6 fish tanks set up all around my room I knew I had to downgrade ;[ I just got so stressed having to keep up with them all! Especially when only one of my tanks was cycled! Man... water changes every single friken day!!

I got rid of 3 tanks once my fish passed on and I just recently unearthed one of those three to get one more betta :] I took a betta break by only having 1 for a few months... I never realized how lonely it is to only have 1 after owning multiple! (haha)

I don't think I could deal with more than two betta tanks and my community atm :)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #13 
Jupiter

I'm feeling the same way too, especially as things have not been going well for me recently...apart from all the deaths, now Othello's got a bloody patch on his fin, and my mustard gas boy has ripped his fin on...something.

I've decided not to replace any males that die and downsize. I'm keeping away from pet stores, 'cause I know I always end up with one when I come back!

Sometimes I think I should have just stuck with one in a nice big tank, and maybe gotten some cories with him. That way I could focus all my attention on him. I haven't bonded with my newer guys as I had with Renard or my girls.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #14 
kuklachica

thank you for the support guys... i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes. it stinks that we have to go through it though.

this morning i found my newest guy (the HM dragonish blueish reddish greenish guy) on the bottom of his new tank not moving and breathing hard. ARGH. he had been in a kritter keeper until yesterday and then was put in on the filter side. i think the filter stressed him out. it's things like this taht stress ME out! so i took him out and put him back in the kritter keeper and will see how he is this afternoon.

i mentioned downsizing to my hubby and he sad emphatically NO!!! i was like what?!?! you used to hate the fish (well not hate them but dislike the tanks and when i got new fish). and he admitted that he actually really likes the fish now, and that he knows each one. he actually TALKS to them, and makes pretend comments/conversations with them... so I guess he's hooked too hehehe :):) i thought it was pretty cute/funny :)
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #15 
vaygirl

If he likes them and doesn't wanna downsize, I think you should teach him how to care for them. Then you'd have half the work. *evilgrin*
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #16 
1fish2fish

here here! I second that
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #17 
Zenandra
Banned

Everyone gets stressed out at times! I remember when I was doing an importing business with vinita (nicebettas) on aquabid. She would sell me bettas at wholesale price (she needed to downsize) and I would resell that for more then her price but less then what bettas of that quality were going for, it was a great business. Anyway at that time I had over 100 bettas. Doing water changes on over 100 beanies everyday is the definition of stress! The 9 tanks I have right now is like a walk in the park!

You'll do fine! we do this because we love the fish! And it's that love that keeps us going even during the worst of times!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #18 
kuklachica

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
If he likes them and doesn't wanna downsize, I think you should teach him how to care for them. Then you'd have half the work. *evilgrin*

hehehe I know, right?? He empties the water for me when I siphon it out... maybe if I can convince him that feeding them in the morning will make him get to know them better...
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #19 
Jupiter

I said that last night, and yet I went and got a new one today...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote