Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #1 
lastbook87

My Guys

Now that I'm finally settled in at home, I've got pictures of my boys in their new habitats!

First up is Dax, who's now living in one of those 3-gallon "Bio Cube" aquariums with a nice adjustable heater and little filter. He's asleep in this picture, but I do think he looks better than he did when I first got him.

This is Sparky, by far the most adaptable of the bunch. When everyone else was still getting used to their new place, he was flaring at his neighbors and bugging me for food. This pic is really too dark, but his blue is this beautiful, dark electric blue when seen with proper lighting.

And here's my newest boy, Patrick, who I've bought since I've been home. In the very isolated city where I go to college, you can go to either the two Wal-Marts or the Petsmart, so I was very excited to get home to a Petco to get a Delta.

The last of the boys is an as-of-yet-unnamed fella that I fell in love with when I was at aforementioned Petsmart picking up some fake plants. He's always been lazy to the point of just plain lethargic, but built a nice bubblenest upon arrival in his new home. Suggestions for his name are highly welcomed, because the best I've come up with so far is Akiyuki.

Last of all is my sorority tank, which is an endeavor that I had to dive in way sooner than I would have liked... But upon arriving at home, my mother told me that I had to cut down on my number of tanks. So to avoid trying to find homes for multiple fish, I just went ahead and put together the sorority. All of the girls were being very camera shy, so this is just a picture of the whole thing. More plants are soon to come, but everyone's getting along great so far. Pink gal on the right is Haru/Taffy, and the CT to the right of her is Nanaka. Missing are Sparrow and Kat. And the person holding the camera in the reflection is me, lol.
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very nice pics!! After you add your plants, the sorority tank will be perfect. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #3 
crownie

Oh I love Sparky and Patrick! Sometimes my PetCo has amazing bettas... the rest of the time they just look sad and I want to save them all :( Your fish are so pretty!
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #4 
doggyhog

OK, PLEASE give me sparky!!!! He is amaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick looks like one of my boys, Gustav, except my boy is a double tail.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #5 
lastbook87

Heehee, thanks, everybody! I always thought Sparky was gorgeous, but I feel like everyone else has amazingly stunning fish and mine can't compare. So it's nice to have some validation, lol. And he came from the same Wal-Mart where I got poor Dax with his horrible fin-rot, amazingly enough. But yes, Sparky's my favorite because of his personality. I'm sure the in-your-face thing would be annoying if he were a person, but as an adorable little fish, it's adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownie View Post
Sometimes my PetCo has amazing bettas... the rest of the time they just look sad and I want to save them all :(
Yeah, I originally went because I wanted an HM or a Double, but they looked awful. There was one boy who still had pretty finnage, but his color was kind of bland, and the rest of them looked like they'd completely torn off their own tails. I mean completely. I love buying lost causes and trying to make them better (*cough*Dax*cough*), but I couldn't bring myself to pay the $13 for these dudes. The girl working said they'd gotten in their shipment a few days before, so I wonder if all the pretty ones were gone or if they always look like that.

The sorority behavior mystifies me the more and more I watch, lol. Sparrow has the bridge on the left; Kat likes the little bell thing right next to it. Taffy kind of hangs out wherever on the right side of the tank, and Nanaka? Nanaka likes to chill behind the heater. Silly fish.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #6 
mysquishy

They are all beautiful but I love Sparky!!!
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #7 
Jayy

awsome tanks and bettas!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #8 
crownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastbook87 View Post
Yeah, I originally went because I wanted an HM or a Double, but they looked awful. There was one boy who still had pretty finnage, but his color was kind of bland, and the rest of them looked like they'd completely torn off their own tails. I mean completely. I love buying lost causes and trying to make them better (*cough*Dax*cough*), but I couldn't bring myself to pay the $13 for these dudes. The girl working said they'd gotten in their shipment a few days before, so I wonder if all the pretty ones were gone or if they always look like that.
Yeah I went there about a week ago and the betta's tail were completely gone as well and the water was all gross. I went back a few days ago and they had gotten in a new healthier shipment and their "fish expert" had returned and all of the water was clean. I got my Apollo from that shipment. They had a lot of crazy colored DT and a fancy VT that was lilac and pink and blue.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #9 
lastbook87

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownie View Post
Yeah I went there about a week ago and the betta's tail were completely gone as well and the water was all gross. I went back a few days ago and they had gotten in a new healthier shipment and their "fish expert" had returned and all of the water was clean. I got my Apollo from that shipment. They had a lot of crazy colored DT and a fancy VT that was lilac and pink and blue.
Well, I will definitely keep up hope! Since you're from Texas, is there any chance you went to a Houston-area Petco? I'd definitely go raid your store if it's within driving distance, lol.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #10 
crownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastbook87 View Post
Well, I will definitely keep up hope! Since you're from Texas, is there any chance you went to a Houston-area Petco? I'd definitely go raid your store if it's within driving distance, lol.
I am in the Houston area! I sent you a PM with some directions with how to get there ;)