betta fish

Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #51 
dramaqueen
Banned

The plants look great!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #52 
cmndrJOE

thanks! Hopefully will get a bigger tank this weekend and will plant more of a variety for him.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #53 
cmndrJOE

Just ordered my sponge filter. Will have it up and running as soon as it comes in.

I still haven't found out the name of that "purple thing" but I caught my fish sleeping on it lol. Ill catch the name of it on Friday for y'all. He won't leave the damn thing alone lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #54 
cmndrJOE

**UPDATE**

So, I went from planning on spending some money on a 10 gal tank tomorrow, to getting one for free tonight!

Not only did I get the tank, but I got a lighted hood and filter system too. I don't know if they are going to work, but if they do, then great. I don't think I'm going to use the filter system even if it does work, as I think it's going to make too much current. I should be getting my sponge filter sometime in the next couple days.

The tank itself has a few stains where the waterline used to be. What's the best way to get rid of them? Would steel wool and a little bit of elbow grease be ok? I also want to get a cycle going in the tank before I introduce Seoul into it. What's the best way to cycle a fishless tank? I think I read somewhere about putting some fish food into the tank and letting it dissolve? Should I put the live plants into the tank before or after the cycle?

Any tips would be great and much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time guys!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #55 
Welsh

I wouldn't reccommend using the steel wool because this will scratch your glass. What most people use on this forum is vinegar and water solution to clean their tanks but make sure that you do a thorough rinse when you have finished just so the vinegar wont effect your water levels or your fish. Theres a thread somewhere, I can't remember who did it but they cleaned the tank up so well that it looked like a brand new tank, it was incredible. I'll try looking for it for you now.

For a fishless cycle you can add a little bit of fish food everyday or every other day, lastly yes you can add your plants to your tank when your cycling =)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote