Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #11 
Terranariko
Member
 
Terranariko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada,N.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
That's absolutely fine ;)
I'm just curious, but what kinds of plants are you getting?
Umm the plant that comes in with the tank is kinda long and seaweed like...I've seen some pictures and video's of plants like that so I think it's fine...I may also get some fabric flowers as well...and I have a pot that I'm going to crack in half as a hiding spot.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #12 
Starbright
Member
 
Starbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Oh I think I know which tank you're talking about! It's the goldfish or glofish starter tank right? I think the purple one's 2.65 gallons and the orange is 1.77 (well that's how it is at my Petsmart).. They're super cute tanks :)

I don't trust gravel or plants that come with tanks... but that's just me. Can't wait to see pics!

Oh and happy early birthday as well! It's destiny ;)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #13 
Terranariko
Member
 
Terranariko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada,N.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
Oh I think I know which tank you're talking about! It's the goldfish or glofish starter tank right? I think the purple one's 2.65 gallons and the orange is 1.77 (well that's how it is at my Petsmart).. They're super cute tanks :)

I don't trust gravel or plants that come with tanks... but that's just me. Can't wait to see pics!

Oh and happy early birthday as well! It's destiny ;)
yeah I think it's that...It unfortunately has goldfish food(I'll see if I can get proper food when I'm getting the tank though...)...but the petshop owner said beta's can eat it...at least till I get proper food...also I don't trust the gravel...the plant looked ok though...besides that I'm going to replace the gravel with glass pebbles.

Last edited by Terranariko; 05-06-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #14 
Jayy
Member
 
Jayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Palm bay, FL
bettas can NOT eat goldfish ever. The petshop owner is wrong
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #15 
Betta Slave
Member
 
Betta Slave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada, eh?
Generally, don't trust pet store employees.
examples, I was told you can keep 3 males in a 5 gallon and that a female and male could get along no prob.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #16 
Terranariko
Member
 
Terranariko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada,N.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Generally, don't trust pet store employees.
examples, I was told you can keep 3 males in a 5 gallon and that a female and male could get along no prob.

Jayy: yeah I kinda figured that out...it seemed fishy anyway...I'll get proper food for it...it may cost the fish a plant...but I think it would rather have food then a extra plant...besides that I never trusted the employee anyway.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #17 
BettaSquirt
Member
 
BettaSquirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Hahaha, This has happened to me. On my birhday, in 2008 i got two bettas from my grandma, Squirt and Nemo. Nemo died a few months later but i still got Squirt ;D Haha its funny, on my birthday i say to Squirt Happy "birthday" !! :D And happy early birthday ! :D
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #18 
Terranariko
Member
 
Terranariko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada,N.B
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaSquirt View Post
Hahaha, This has happened to me. On my birhday, in 2008 i got two bettas from my grandma, Squirt and Nemo. Nemo died a few months later but i still got Squirt ;D Haha its funny, on my birthday i say to Squirt Happy "birthday" !! :D And happy early birthday ! :D

Thanks, =D

I should be getting my tank soon, so hopefully I'll have pictures when I set it up. =D
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #19 
BettaSquirt
Member
 
BettaSquirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Your welcome! did you have a good b-day?
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #20 
beta novice
Member
 
beta novice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: ohio
yeah did yeah ?
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weird... coonpuppy Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 1 03-03-2010 08:24 PM
thats weird... 5green Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 0 01-21-2010 08:26 PM
Is it weird... JennyBean Betta Fish Care 15 10-12-2009 09:32 PM
Weird, Huh? BettaSquirt Betta Fish Care 8 06-11-2009 07:51 AM
weird diana g Betta Fish Care 4 05-25-2008 10:26 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.