Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #91 
misschris05

My feamle betta floats what should I do?

My female betta floats to the top with her tail end up. I was told she might have a blatter infection. She also is in a tank with a male betta and im working on switching them into different tanks. Could her fins cause her to swim weird? Any suggestions? She just hides under the bridge most of the time.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #92 
veronicamarae

Put her in a cup and get her away from the male betta. I'm not an expert but my betta females nemo and cotton are torn up. Last night nemo could barely swim. be careful
Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #93 
Sarada

Geeze I just bought a betta for my 3yr old because I'm a bad fish mom and thought they were supposed to be easy :S

His 'tank' will probably need to be upgraded and I will have to get a heater...I thought he was doing so well, he seems so happy. His color even seems to have improved since we got him home. My son named him Bob.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #94 
Trouble

I was told that the blue stuff in the water is "de-stressor" to make the transition and everything easier for the fish. It probably is for disease prevention as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #95 
dbob87

Is a one gallon tank big enough? Will their fins grow to be big and pretty and that size of a tank?? Its a starter one, but the filter never worked. But after readin this I feel alot better about keepin my Betta in good health. I just want to make sure what I have is enough.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:26 AM   #96 
truthequalslies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I was told that the blue stuff in the water is "de-stressor" to make the transition and everything easier for the fish. It probably is for disease prevention as well.
the blue stuff is methyleen blue and your correct but IMO its best not to medicate a fish unless its actually sick and you have the proper diagnosis (it mostly just adds stress (wich may create a health issue)
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #97 
SkylerBetta

So I'm a new betta owner and I "rescued" my betta(he looked half dead, was by far the smallest one, he wasn't eating and was a faded blue/gray) last week from a small bowl in a store about 3" squared.

Right now he's in a 3 gal tank with one large fake plant one bamboo stalk (leaves removed as I read that they have a nasty habit of rotting) a smooth shell for hiding and a smooth rock for resting.

He's now after one week noticably larger, eating a full pinch of food (betta flakes ground up a little, he would spit larger flakes back out, with the first three ingrediants being meat) and he's a now a Bright sky blue (named him Skyler lol) and he is always on the move except at night time when he rests in his shell hide-out or on his rock. I currently do NOT have a heater but after reading this am about to go get one (suggestions?)

I just want to know am I doing anything right? and more importantly am I doing anything wrong? I do make sure I do a 50% water change twice a week so apparently I'm good there, and when I clean it's only with hot water NO SOAP.

Why are betta's caged? It's so unfair! They're prettier than any other fish too!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #98 
BeautifulBettaFish

such good info thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM   #99 
Kitty88

I just read through the thread and I don't think I missed this anywhere...I'm an ultra newb to fish who kinda had a betta foisted upon me. How many drops of Nutrafin water conditioner should I use for his water? Small measurement ratios would be good since he's staying in the tank he came in for another two days until his five gallon is ready.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #100 
Sarada

How small is his current container?
Closed Thread