Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #11 
BettaSquirt

Okay thanks :] He pooped this morning, but it wasnt a normal color, it was like yellowish and stringy... I don't know if thats normal or not, usually his poop is brown and in a ball... Haha, and it takes him a while to poop too... About 5 hours
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #12 
Romad
TFK Moderator

The yellow stringy poop worries me. Could it be an internal parasite? What meds do you have on hand if any?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #13 
BettaSquirt

Umm well I just got some Bettafix, thats all I got, and of course aquarium salt, water conditioner, and stress coat. Thats all for medicine though.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #14 
BettaSquirt

Squirt has been doing good for the last week, but i came home yesterday to him floating on his side really badly again! I dont know what else to do, i fed him a cooked pea, he pooped, it looked normal, but it doesnt seem to help very much. He looks pretty big at his belly. Please please please helpp!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #15 
FuulieQ

Could you post a photo of him? I think that would be helpful.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #16 
BettaSquirt

I will if he does it again. Because randomly he does it, so I fast him and feed him some peices of peas, then he's perfectly fine the next day. I don't know what causes it, I think it happens when I feed him like 1 pellet more then usual... I dont know. Its confusing.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #17 
JKfish

you might want to try feeding him a bit of his normal diet. Bettas are carnivores, and I don't think they'd normally eat too many peas in their natural habitat.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #18 
BettaSquirt

I do, I feed him a small piece of pea when he starts floating, thats all, and when he stops I give him his normal pellets. Its not like I feed him peas 24/7.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #19 
Cyphus

Have you tried feeding him some daphnia? (to help w/ his constipation?) Some people here advised me that peas weren't that great for them, and it's better to feed daphnia instead. 0.0 Maybe try adding brine shrimp to his diet too?

I feed my bettas solely with hikari bio-gold pellets and the occasional boiled pea.... I should switch up their diet as well!
Cyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #20 
BettaSquirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphus View Post
Have you tried feeding him some daphnia? (to help w/ his constipation?) Some people here advised me that peas weren't that great for them, and it's better to feed daphnia instead. 0.0 Maybe try adding brine shrimp to his diet too?

I feed my bettas solely with hikari bio-gold pellets and the occasional boiled pea.... I should switch up their diet as well!
Yes I wanted to feed him some daphnia, but they don't sell it at my local Petco. I've used peas a couple of times and he's not dead yet so i'm assuming it's sometimes okay to use it once in a while. I've had some brine shrimp in my freezer for a while, so i'll try that, last time I did he didn't eat it, but i'll try again. How should I feed him? Should I add it to his pellets, or just replace his pellets? I use Hikari bio-gold too. If so when & how much?