Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #1 
s3kshun62

Buying Plakats

So I really, really, really want to get a plakat halfmoon or just a plakat betta. I love the way they look! I've checked Aquabid, but I want to know if anyone has purchased from them before or if they have a specific seller that is best. Also, what is the total cost, including transhipping and everything?
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #2 
darkangel216

It really depends on where you live and where you're buying the bettas from. Plakats and HM plakats usually go for at least $20 on aquabid, sometimes a little less, generally a bit more. Then you have to factor in however much they charge for shipping it, and if you're buying from out of country, you have to factor in that as well. If there's a transhipper near where you live it might drop that cost a bit. You're probably looking at at least $50 if you're buying out of country, which unfortunatly most of the plakats and HM plakats are from out of country. When are you looking to get your plakats, because there's a chance I may get a hold of a female plakat and breed her with one of my male plakats later in the summer, and I would be asking if anyone would want some of the fry. :)
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #3 
Jayy

petco has had alot of HMPKs and PKs. You could try to find a breeder or go on aquabid and look
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #4 
s3kshun62

I've checked Petco, and nobody here, as far as I know, dont carry any type of Plakat. One guy who worked at a LFS has never heard of them. It may be a while...maybe a couple months. I want to get a larger tank and divide it amongst 4 bettas, that way I can save on outlet usage.
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #5 
darkangel216

Yeah, it seems that not all Petcos carry all the betta types they say they do.
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #6 
BeautifulBettaFish

ive been wondering the same thing ...as well as if you go ahead and get one from another country...that seems like the fish would arrive stressed st best....and whatif you get a dead fish :( it would be alot of hassle to get your $50. back from another country right ? Gosh but some of those fish on there are absolutly dreamy !!!!!
anyone had a positive experience w/ getting a fish on aquabid ??? anyone ???
BeautifulBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote