Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #31 
emka

Aaaaaaugh don't you dare say that s-word around me, noooo!!

I texted the wife about it and she hasn't responded at all lmfao. I'm almost scared that if I DID go get it tomorrow, she'd make me stock it with whatever fish she wanted as punishment. You know how marriage is supposed to be one of those things where you learn everything about a person? Somehow she never mentioned her lifelong dream to have a pet lobster until just recently. HMMMM.

But ohhhh mannnnnn it would look SO GOOD in that little useless nook in the living room, and there's that useless "wet bar" sink right behind it that'd make water changes SO easy, and aaahhhhhhhh someone save meeeeeee.......
emka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #32 
summersea

There is no hope. You have been hit by Betta Fever. The only cure is to run out of space for more tanks (like I have lol). And since you just mentioned you have that awesomely perfect space available I must say you are most likely doomed lol
summersea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #33 
emka

I dunno, there's a chance I might get a big loud "no" when I get home in an hour. My mom JUST gave my wife a lecture when we were over at my parents' house the other night to say hi to my visiting sister. "You have THREE fish tanks now?! What are you doing?! It's your job to say no! You know she'll just get eight million pets if you don't put your foot down!" She threw her hands in the air and gave up when Jen had to sheepishly admit the second fish was straight-up her fault.

Not to mention my one coworker that's the most fish-knowledgeable said she wouldn't start doing fish interventions until I hit three tanks and WELP...

But ohhh goddddd now I'm playing with AqAdvisor and the fish I could put in there... I'm gonna start crying at this rate. Free! FREE! As in, no money now, but SO much more effort later lmfao... but oh man do I not care!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #34 
emka

Oh. OH. THIS is a new development. I got home to the announcement that the cats are grounded and that we need to go to Petsmart to buy a new tank. Ienzo's tank is a bit more flimsy than we had wanted, but we hadn't really been concerned about it. Apparently one of the girls got up on the dresser and knocked the lid down into the tank. Nothing is damaged, Ienzo is fine, but his beautiful enormous bubble nest is wrecked and we definitely don't want to risk it happening again.

If we make Ienzo the centerpiece fish and turn that 30 gallon into a mixed community... I won't be exceeding my three tank limit
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by emka; 02-02-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #35 
summersea

Hahaha! There you go - justify getting the 30g. I like it!! lol
Old 02-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #36 
emka

Well, it sounds like no dice on the free setup. I texted yesterday and this morning and there's been no answer, and the post made it sound like they'd be trashing the whole deal if nobody responded that day. Total disappointment. Back to the drawing board! Ienzo's still gonna need that new tank, and now I'm super tempted to make his tank be the big mixed community and just get ghost shrimp for Krampus in his 10g. Now for more fun planning!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #37 
emka

Okay.

That escalated quickly.

It's 25 gallons and it's AMAZING. We're buying 10 neon tetras tomorrow and possibly 10 cherry shrimp as well. Once they're in and settled and their quarantine session ends Ienzo will get moved in with them and I'll be emptying his tank and putting it into storage for hospital emergencies/future quarantines.

Oh. My. God.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #38 
summersea

Haha! I love it!! Gorgeous tank and yay for a community tank! You should definitely get the red cherry shrimp! I just got 6 for my NPT (pic on my journal if you wanna see them) and they are so active and interesting to watch! Woohoo!
Old 02-05-2014, 04:52 PM   #39 
emka

Nyoom!

Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #40 
emka

And a few more photos of the other kids, just as an update!

Ienzo started flaring the instant I walked up to his tank this afternoon:

Krampus is being lazy as usual -- "eh, I COULD bubble nest to compete with that other dude, but my log is so COMFY..."

And Paarthurnax is being a spaz as usual and zooming in and out of her moss; look how tall the water wisteria is in her tank! I swear it was maybe only two inches tall when I first planted it: