Betta Fish Forum banner

What color is this? I rescued another one

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Learn To Fly 
#1 ·
Okay, i didn't really want anymore bettas at the moment, especially a male.
but I was at a LPS looking for some ghost shrimp actually,
I noticed about 13 cups over the sink, and I have never seen cups so small to house bettas in,
since I didn't bring my camera in, I just looked up an approximate size, it is no larger than this.
http://thegab.org/Articles/images/BettaCareSheet/ChangeBetta.jpg
So I picked up each cup, I mean they were all beautiful and looked healthy, despite the small size acccomidation, then I saw a cup with a crack down the side, and a little guy laying, with JUST enough water to cover his back.
I bought the little guy, he like, screamed buy me with telepathy :3
here he is, he is a mustard gas color with orange spots O.O
he might be a little pale.
(Flash)

look at that face :3

(No flash)

So yeah, I think he is a sweetheart, I love the red spots though :)

See less See more
#3 ·
He's awesome! Very unique. i've never seen one quite like him..I'm sure he appreciates you rescuing him from such a small amount of water. :(

#6 ·
Yeah, I love this guy, now for a name.
Kaname
it is the only one fitting.

#9 ·
I had to name him Eros, :3 I think I might enter him in the contest, he is so friendly to me :3

#12 ·
Awwwww.....he is beautiful. Does look like my new boy! Just more blue on him.

#13 ·
I love him!! What great coloring and I love the spots!!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
What pic should I use for the contest coming up guys? I love this fish O.O

LMAO he ish like o.o *drool* ish that, food? Eros wantsh a werrrm.

#17 ·
Thanks, I love the little guy, his color is getting better,
well I mean the blue is turning a purpleish dark, and the lining on his fins is more dark, the yellow a bit more vibrant too :) I love this fishh

#18 ·
Wow, what a gorgeous fish!! He's like the veiltail version of those beautiful plakats I always see!

Jealous jealous jealous ;_;

#21 ·
thanks, I just gotta get him to eat O.O he still hasn't eaten yet.

#22 ·
Wow he's beautiful! But that picture of the betta cups, that's the size my LPS always uses for their bettas. Actually they have a lid with a little hole in it, hardly big enough to fit your pinkie finger through. And once I went over and a fish had jumped out! He survived though, and it's kind of like how you found him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.