Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #1381 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I've purchased from Interbettas before. The two male HMs I got from him were the most stunning HMs I have ever owned.

Hopefully your female got sent. It's hard when there's a language barrier (sometimes I used to have no idea if my fish had been sent or not) and then no one answers your emails.
Yeah, they've got some amazing stock for sure! I'm excited to breed the female, she should definitely throw an amazing spawn! Interbettas did get back to me and said the female was sent, so now I'm just waiting on Linda which will probably be tomorrow she emails back....hopefully. I know Linda's gotten a lot of business since Jennifer quit the business so I don't mind a day or so, it's when it gets passed three days it's like....really? Do you not what my money? lol

I'm super excited!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 PM   #1382 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay so the more I think about it the more I have a dilemma....I need help deciding something:

So I have two options, well two decent ones at least. I can either split the 20 long for five fish: Selkie | New Isis | Aero | Hawkeye | Charlie | and then I leave Kit-Kat with the male guppies since she just doesn't care.

OR

I can split the 20 for the 8-10 gallon portion for a mini sorority of Selkie, Isis, Kit-Kat and most likely at least one or two others to balance it out and put Aero, Hawkeye, and Charlie in the split up portions.

What seems to be the better course of action here? I figure if I split it for all fish then there is no chance, or less a chance for injury and more stress, harder to clean though usually. If I split with a small sorority, there may be a chance for more stress but I plan of having a fully stable planted jungle environment. This time with no one to turn my lights off and destroy my closed environment >.> but I could get one or two other fishes, most likely from my LFS. The poor girls there have been stuck there for over three months now and theres a cute yellow Pineapple DT girl that I've been eyeing for a while now. I know I shouldn't get her, especially not yet.

So what are your thoughts on this? The tank will be divided with mesh so if one gets sick, they're all going to get sick anyway. I feel much more confident in the sorority course this time after the crash and burn test. The only issue I see with the sorority is when comes time for breeding, I would be taking out one or two of these girls so hence the extra girls to hopefully keep them from killing each other. At that point I could get a few more breeder nets just to keep them separated for the time the others are in breeding is all.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #1383 
PetMania

Honestly, I would split it up for all of the fish just to reduce chance of stress ;)

I wanted to update you on Snowbird. She is doing great and is fiesty as ever.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #1384 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Glad to hear it Pet!

Yeah....that would give 4 gallons to each fish which isn't bad, Kit-Kat would stay with the males since she's good with that. Hopefully I measure out the dividers correctly! I'm going to go find how to split it now so I don't screw it up. I plan to silicone them next Sunday or Monday and hopefully let it cure for a week completely and then I get to sand/FloraMax it and my lights should definitely be in by then and I can start planting! I want to get the plants mostly stable before I put the fish in, also will get the sponge filters and get them up and running as well. Can't wait!

My Finnex Fugeray Planted+ lights are supposed to be in the 10th!! I'm sooooo excited to try these guys! I got two, one for the 20 and one for the 29. I still need to get glass tops, I think I might just get the MarineLand glass canopies instead of trying to find plexsi-glass and do it myself. It will probably cost the same honestly to get it all done and I don't feel like going through the hassle tbh.

But came home to dads to find out that the Black Moscow Guppy girl somehow got onto Aero's side of the divider.....he tore her to shreds and killed her >.> stupid fish.....but the male is fine and is warming up to me. When I bought the pair there was only two females, I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if the last female is there. If she is I will replace them then so I can continue on the Black Moscow at least for a few generations for my LFS so I can either get store credit or money ! Exciting!

Remmy's tank has a ton of snail tracks on it lol I see tracks from the Mystery girl and then a smaller one of a bladder snail who snuck into there >.> but the tank has so much algae that I can just see through the snail tracks....sigh. It's just regular green algae I can wipe off but holy mackerel!

Charles is a snooty Englishman for sure! He was happy to eat though.

Aero is content with himself after killing the girl >.>

Hawkeye is just like....what's going on? Did I miss all the fun? lol
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #1385 
PetMania

Your fish are quite interesting.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #1386 
BettaLover1313

Sorry to hear about your Black Moscow girl. Glad to hear that Charles, Remmy, & Hawkeye are doing well!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #1387 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah....my fish are weird and sometimes annoying but I love them XD lol

Aero is still all proud of himself >.>

I need to do all the water changes tonight since tomorrow I'll be headed up to Syracuse, NY for a convention for my fraternity all Saturday. It's a six hour drive from here so....fun fun >.< But Hawkeye's Mystery snail has been floating since yesterday. She's alive but not apparently liking her tank. I'm thinking about switching her to Aero's tank as long as he doesn't kill her. OR move Aero from his tank and switch with Hawkeye so Hawkeye most likely won't kill the guppies even though they are divided and I could see him better against the river gravel versus the black sand lol he is dark purple so it's super hard to get a look at him when I want to. I think I might do that.

I feel bad for Hawkeye since his filter died, I haven't monitored his levels since I haven't been home so that's probably why the snail is angry at me, the nitrates are probably high. So hence I need to do a water change. Not sure what I'm going to do about the filter though, maybe I'll just leave it and hope the bacteria continue to live there and not cause a crash or anything....I do however have some extra sponges, an air stone and an air pump.....I think I could make a mini sponge filter for him if I can figure out how to make a center tube....I wonder if craft mesh would work......
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #1388 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

My god, what a crazy weekend

Friday afternoon, four other Brother's and I headed up to Syracuse for our Precinct Convention of this year (this is for my fraternity, Kappa Kappa Psi). Stayed at a hotel and went to convention on Saturday, it was awesome and we met a lot of great people which I'm not facebook friends with haha. And then we had to drive home that night, all seven hours and then of course, me being the only commuter of the bunch had to drive home as well on top of it. But all was well.

Sunday morning came and I opted out of church in the favor of recuperating from walking up and down stairs in -1*F weather with a wind chill around -30*F or so. It was freezing! So I slept in around till 10 which was great! Got up, we went out for brunch and I decided to go to my moms house after that. Now...my moms house is on a hill, we live in Hope Valley and yes it is actually a valley. So we live on the side of that hill basically, quarter of the way down-ish. So our driveway is rather steep and annoying. I was driving my dad's diesel pick-up Ford 250 4x4 truck.....I got stuck.....

We have a horseshoe shaped drive and I got stuck on the lower part of it and almost slid down the side hill going to our even lower driveway part that we almost never use but maybe once or twice a year. I tried every tactic I knew, even was able to put it into 4WD but I didn't realize it was 4High. There were four options on the lever (Kronk! Pull the level! Wrong leeeeveeerrr!!! Ugg, why do we even have that lever!), 2H, 4H, N and 4L. I put it into 4H and was told later that was 4 wheel drive high so it might have done the job but 4 wheel drive Low would have been better since it literally will crawl out of anything.

So dad gets to my mom's house with my "grandfather's" toyota carolla and parks fine in the driveway. First issue is that he didn't realize that the E-brake was on....whoops, I should have told him but I didn't think anything of it until I saw the back tires weren't moving. By then he was already in the lowest part of the driveway having basically driven over the grass to get down there. Then he backed out onto the road which is a privately owned road by us. He got stuck on the other side of the road on a small tree stump.....bent the frame a little....

So we got AAA to come and long story short, we were able to pull the truck out of the stump after cutting it with a chain saw (my idea and dad was like...duhh, why didn't I think of that before??), we almost pulled the AAA truck down with us too since it's a huge truck! Dad backed down to our neighbors since it's a dead end street and we waited for the AAA truck to get out of the way. He was stuck....so we called another AAA truck to come pull him out from the top of the steep little hill we have there.

So two AAA trucks and 4 and a half hours later, we were both out with both the truck and the little car.....I missed my meeting lol that's not a big deal, but both cars are okay with minimum damage and I am almost defrosted from this entire weekend lol.

I was able to at least get the Moscows over to my mom's house though so the two blacks are there now. Both females are happy with each other in one 13 with Selkie who has been behaving herself and the males are happy little buggers with Kit-Kat.

I played the Betta Shuffle and am in the process of taking down Remmy's 3, he was originally split in the 10 with Hawkeye but he bit up his fins so bad that.....I don't even know....he took off almost an entire ventral fin and has done some bad damage to his caudal. He's now in the 5.5 under the 33 and have done a water change on him yesterday. Put Aero and Hawkeye in the 10 and Charlie is in the other 5.5g.

The new Isis black copper CTPK girl will be arriving in a few days! Linda finally got back to me about everything, apparently Sanya from Interbettasfarm has been lax in putting customer information on the bags for Linda >.< but all is well and she should be arriving around Thursday! I'm so excited to finally meet her!

Sorry about the long post, it's been a long weekend and I have a feeling it's going to be a long week as well.....
Old 02-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #1389 
BettaLover1313

Your weekend was very eventful! Glad everything worked out well though! Poor Remmy :( hope his fins heal up nicely!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #1390 
summersea

Phew! Crazy weekend! Glad everything ended up well! This winter has been a crazy one! The school district I work for has had 19 snow days already. I just keep hoping spring gets here soon!

Yay for the new girl getting there soon! I can't wait to see pics!
summersea is offline   Reply With Quote