Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #1 
metalbetta

Wink Boyfriend catching the betta bug!

Just a fun little story to tell:

My betta Winston was a celebration present... to myself... after I got hired at my current job. Thing is I bought him at 2 A.M. at Wal-Mart, and it was total impulse buy.

My boyfriend works the graveyard shift at a grocery store, so he came home early in the morning, saw Winston on the desk and was thoroughly confused.
For a couple of months he was not sure what to think of me owning a fish, because I payed so much attention to Winston. To him he was "just a fish". at least at the time.

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to get him two (b-e-a-utiful) blue female bettas (again at 2 A.M.... at Wal-mart... I've been getting lucky there so far.)
I let him name them both, and he named them after characters in one of his video games.

And he's finally getting it now. Bettas rule.

He still calls me obsessed, which I won't deny, but he's getting to know all 3 of their personalities, and he seems to be loving it so far.

I still do all of the cleaning and feeding though. ALL of it. Just waiting for him to offer to do it!

He brought up getting an aquarium, and more bettas, and now I'm the happiest girl in the world!

Anyway, Thought I'd share that my boyfriend is falling in love with the idea of having bettas. And it's hilarious and awesome.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #2 
dbob87

Ahh thats such a sweet story.. Your fish look great. At the walmart where I live, "and where I just recently bought mine" they look really bad. Might I ask, what size containers yours is in? Do u keep ur females together?
dbob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #3 
metalbetta

Thanks!
Most of the betta fish at our wal-marts here look like they're on their way out too... but I got the ones that looked like they needed the most love, but didn't look like they'd die on me as soon as I got home.
Right now my male is in the gallon tank I bought him when he was really little. As you can see from the picture he has definitely outgrown it. Going to buy a bigger one for him tomorrow hopefully.
My females are sharing a smaller tank with a divider for the moment. Fortunately both of them are tiny. and feisty. lol. I will be transferring one over to Winston's old tank as soon as I can get him a new one. And once I move out this July and have more room I'll be spoiling the crap out of them. ;)
Old 05-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #4 
Jupiter

Hehe! It's hard to resist bettas...I hope any future boyfriends I have won't fight the temptation.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #5 
metalbetta

My boyfriend was the one to talk me out of naming who is now Winston "Scrambles The Death Dealer" ... It would have been awesome. ... I watch way too much Metalocalypse. ;)
Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #6 
ninjafish

That's awesome! I wish I had a boyfriend in general..But if he doesn't like bettas then I don't want him! *laughs*
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #7 
bloo97

Thats awesome! Let the betta bug spread! Hahaha!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #8 
beta novice

yeah let it spread
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #9 
metalbetta

Just a quick update...
I caught him apologizing to Winston for startling him with his keys earlier. It was very sincere. It even scared me a bit! haha
Old 05-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #10 
beta novice

wow thats good though
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote