Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

How often and how much are the water changes and what is the water temp?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #12 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeezee View Post
JamieTron: thanks! he doesn't look like the red guy b/c he has two well-defined tufts of what's growing on him & the white stuff is radiating out from the base of these two tufts (whereas the red guy in the photo looks like he has a cloud of amorphous/foggy cotton swarming all around his body).

***Please note that sometimes when he misses a food pellet, this same spikey stuff always grows on any food pellets on the bottom of the bowl, within hours, before I change the bowl.***

The stuff in the red guy in the photo looks cloudy and amorphous and like it's swarming all over him, the stuff on my blue guy is spikey and growing from two tufts on his underside (and now one tiny tuft on the tip of his bottom fin).

The problem is that this medicine (Betta Revive) has worked for the same exact thing - it has worked for him twice, actually in the past two years. This time, I think it's become resistant. Does Maracyn work for a similar thing that Betta Revive does?

Thanks again. Oh & he is in a 1.5 gallon warm fresh water bowl. I know you guys recommend 5+ gallons, but he has done great in here for a long time, I can keep it very clean and balanced, and I can manage the plants, snails, etc., so I don't want to switch the whole living quarters after years in this one.
Hrmmm well if you think it is fungus perhaps you should try a new med. I am not sure if maracyn works on fungal outbreaks since it is for bacterial infections specifically. If you think it may be fungus you could try maroxy by maradel it works wonders for me
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #13 
jbeezee

Before treatment, his water changes were 50% weekly. Now, the treatment requires that they are 100% daily. I did that twice. This is day 3.

The water temp is 77
jbeezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #14 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Fungus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #15 
Oldfishlady

In a 1.5g- once you complete his treatment I would go with twice weekly 50% water changes if you have a filter, without a filter I would make one of the twice weekly water changes 100% to keep the water quality level as high as possible and to help prevent health issues.
Remove all uneaten food after feeding as well to prevent water quality issues.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta revive, fungus, medicine