Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #11 
smallvle

all i can sy is, s3kshun62, you had BETTER post pics when you're done! lol : )
smallvle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #12 
cmndrJOE

My girlfriend has a pond in her backyard... it's ~1000 gal, with a 250 gal sump holding tank. Unfortunatly, they don't have water in it, as it costs a small fortune in electricity every month to run it. I want to get her parents to run it again.... they used to have 2 dozen koi all about 2-3 ft long, plus whatever random fish and frogs found their way in there. Ill get some pics next time I get a chance, I want to say it's 5 or 6 feet at it's deepest point. Maybe it'll give you a few ideas for your pond s3kshun62
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #13 
s3kshun62

I'm going to be limited, living in Texas you hed hard limestome really quick..so I'll dig as deep as I can. I know for sure I'm going to pile up dirt and rocks to elevate it a bit.
s3kshun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #14 
McAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmndrJOE View Post
My girlfriend has a pond in her backyard... it's ~1000 gal, with a 250 gal sump holding tank. Unfortunatly, they don't have water in it, as it costs a small fortune in electricity every month to run it. I want to get her parents to run it again.... they used to have 2 dozen koi all about 2-3 ft long, plus whatever random fish and frogs found their way in there. Ill get some pics next time I get a chance, I want to say it's 5 or 6 feet at it's deepest point. Maybe it'll give you a few ideas for your pond s3kshun62
I love koi fish! I went to Thailand on vacation and they have them EVERYWHERE. So beautiful, I sat in the lobby of the hotel waiting for my gf and I didn't mind. just watched them swim around, so beautiful.
McAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #15 
Jayy

That tank is awsome!!! I would love to have it for one of my bettas.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #16 
cmndrJOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAttack View Post
I love koi fish! I went to Thailand on vacation and they have them EVERYWHERE. So beautiful, I sat in the lobby of the hotel waiting for my gf and I didn't mind. just watched them swim around, so beautiful.
I do love Koi, and was actually planning on buying a bigger tank just to keep koi in my room before I picked up my betta Seoul. There is this place here in the town I live in called woodward park. Inside of woodward park, they have a section called the japaneese gardens. Inside of the gardens is a gigantic koi pond..... like 200,000 gal. At one point, they had like 4000 koi in the pond. Some very mean high school kids broke in late at night and threw a bunch of bottles of dishwashing soap thinking it would be funny to make bubbles.... needless to say, all the koi died except for 2. Literally only 2 koi of the 4000+ they had survived. They had fish in there that were over 50 years old. Sucks so bad. I would have loved to make a trip over there and snap some pics for everyone. I'm not sure if they have started restocking the pond yet or not. I know its been about 2 years or so, and it took them a very long time to clean the pond. Ill have to find out.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #17 
darkangel216

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmndrJOE View Post
I do love Koi, and was actually planning on buying a bigger tank just to keep koi in my room before I picked up my betta Seoul. There is this place here in the town I live in called woodward park. Inside of woodward park, they have a section called the japaneese gardens. Inside of the gardens is a gigantic koi pond..... like 200,000 gal. At one point, they had like 4000 koi in the pond. Some very mean high school kids broke in late at night and threw a bunch of bottles of dishwashing soap thinking it would be funny to make bubbles.... needless to say, all the koi died except for 2. Literally only 2 koi of the 4000+ they had survived. They had fish in there that were over 50 years old. Sucks so bad. I would have loved to make a trip over there and snap some pics for everyone. I'm not sure if they have started restocking the pond yet or not. I know its been about 2 years or so, and it took them a very long time to clean the pond. Ill have to find out.
Wow, that really sucks. I hate ignorant punks who think it's fun to pull crap like that. Poor koi fish. :(
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #18 
burn84

Wow what a waste!

Oh i think i know what kind of pond u are talking abt. Nearby where I live there is this popular man made park with a huge man made pond (it takes a good 5-6mins jog to get around it). TONNES OF koi fish and I saw a massssiiveee raphael catfish in there once, it was HUGE abt 30inches or so.
burn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #19 
breannakristine

Is it just me or is the link not working anymore?
breannakristine is offline   Reply With Quote