Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #621 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I made Dean's list too!!! Congrats to us!!! woot woot lol

As for the boys, 100% isn't necessary. You can do anything 50% or less and he'll be fine. Twice or three times a week will be best but twice is very much fine. How's Merlin's poop been going?
Whoo! Way to go!

Merlin has been doing well. I really haven't seen him poop, but that's probably a good thing, since his stomach isn't as large as it usually is by this time. Today is a fasting day for them, since it's been three days. So hoping it really was just stress!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #622 
BettaLover1313

Finally home!!! Oh! I love getting greeted by Lucky . Renji actually showed that he missed me as well .

Anyway! Here's a funny moment from me:

In a meeting with a teacher
BL1313: So I was thinking of doing my project on Thoroughbred breeding, basically looking at bloodlines and seeing if there's any similarities in how great horses are bred and their physical features as well.
Professor: Oh!
BL1313: *worried* Or I could do something else... *like a betta shop, cafe...*
Professor: No, it's fine! I think this may be the potential for an undergraduate research project!
BL1313: Oh **

So, yeah, I possibly have an undergraduate research project & a new adviser (well...additional adviser...still have my other adviser too).

Anywho! Merlin & Dragoon got their last dose of medicine, and all my room mate has to worry about is feeding them. Can't really say if Dragoon is looking any better.

Plans for getting snails are on hold for now as my mortar came out of the kiln just fine, but my pestle blew apart (too thick). So I'm either going to buy a pestle and glaze the mortar to match it or I'll make a new, thinner, pestle and go through the firing process on that. Also, I think I want to get some more plants so that the snails can hide a bit more from the boys if they are too inquisitive.

Actually, after looking at Wal-Mart, I think I'll just have to make a thinner pestle...The reason for wanting the mortar and pestle is for the snail jello, plus, it's cheaper just making my own instead of buying them. (Not to mention they don't seem to sell them separately -.-')

Enjoying my time at home, and looking forward to, hopefully, sleeping in tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #623 
BettaLover1313

Busy day today, got my car in for an oil change/check up, and all seems good on that end. Then I went to help out with chores with the horses (got a couple pictures of Jewel which I'll post with the ones of the betta boys eventually).

Been a kind of "blah" day due to the snow. Nothing terrible, snow wise, and the plows have been keeping up with the roads, so I'm hoping my travels tomorrow will go well.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying my time at home and playing with Lucky and Renji!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #624 
BettaLover1313

There will be an update later tonight! Even if I must stay up! I intend to upload the promised pictures of Merlin & Dragoon as well as several others.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #625 
BettaLover1313

Okay...so "that night" didn't really work due to friends and just life in general! I would have posted on next Monday except the weather decided that I now have some free time before the Clay Club Sale *eye twitches*.

I enjoyed my weekend at home, though driving back up to my dorm was hard, especially with my Phil Collins CD playing 6 SAD SONGS before it finally got to a happy one! I did get to see the horses this past weekend, which was nice to do.

Let's see...this week has been really crazy. I had to go to Potosi for a class project and took a wrong turn on one of the roads (it went too different directions ). Luckily, I did make it to the meeting (though a little late) and we've started working on a brand name for the business and a setup for the space. On top of this, I've got two other projects including an individual project and a different group project. Also, preparing for this sale has been a nightmare, but I'm happy that it's finally going to be over with (at least by tomorrow).

Animal wise, Lucky was a very trembly puppy every time we had to go anyplace this past weekend, and he made my mom and I feel terrible for sticking him in his crate. He hasn't trembled this badly since we first started putting him in there! I figured it's because he wanted to be with me. Renji was very welcoming this past weekend, actually crawling into my bed at one point (though Lucky sort of booted him off). Renji was so sweet though!

Fish wise, the betta boys are looking good. Dragoon has lost a lot of the black edging on his tail and fins. They're due for a WC today after getting one of Monday. They've been doing well, and Merlin actually seems to be a bit more "regulated" stomach wise, now that there's a fasting day every three days instead of once a week. In the pictures you'll see how gorgeous his tail is starting to look again after his "I like small holes" syndrome over the summer.

Well, that's about all from me, so without further ado, the pictures!

Lucky!!!

Yes?

Not important! Right?

I stole your seat

Renji!!!

You know I'm handsome!

*squints* The sun is so bright...but so warm!!!

Of course I will pose for you!

Gotta look extra handsome! *meticulously cleans fur*

Dragoon!!!

RAWR!

I will shun you until I'm out of this cup!

Oh? You don't think I'm serious? *shows tail*

I'm not fooled, woman!

Please let me out now? I'm sure I've acclimated!

Fine, I will sulk now!

Merlin!!!

Ah! My old friend, the camera, let me pose! *in the background: Dragoon: Traitor!!!*

Oh hush up! Dragoon:

*bows* I'm faltered by all this attention!

Okay, now let me out of the cup!

Not quite what I had in mind...

*Sniffles* I used to be able to swim outside this thing...will it never end?

Well at least HE'S not out. So all is well with the world!
Old 02-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #626 
BettaLover1313

WAH!!! Life! What happened to free time? For instance, cleaning a tank? I feel horrible that I didn't get the boys' second WC for the week in . Tomorrow I'm determined to do it! This week should be much better, time wise. I should actually have time to do things and not feel so scattered brained/exhausted. The exhaustion was ridiculous! I still have no idea why I've been so tired. There's no reason for it! I'm hoping I will sleep better this week.

This weekend I went to my room mate's house along with another friend. We wanted to go see Home Free again, but we didn't realize that they're tickets were sold out until we were almost ready to leave for the concert. To say the least, we were a bit upset, but we took it in stride, playing Uno (30th Anniversary Edition) instead. We also watched Star Trek and went Jeep shopping (my room mate loves Jeeps and needs a new one). We picked up one of her old, semi-reliable Jeeps from a mechanics and ended up running out of gas halfway to the nearest town. Luckily, a friend of her's was home and got us enough gas to get to the town. Both my friend and room mate loved my line of "Please tell me you're braking!"

While at my room mate's, we got to enjoy the company of her fluffy, ginger kitty, Cory. Granted, when I was playing with him today, he really scratched the bottom of my middle finger. Let me tell you, it's a pain in the butt to type right now with the bandage on my finger. I think I've had a typo in every word, or close to it!!!

Upon getting back, Merlin decided to scare the crap out of me by first, sleeping/taking his sweet old time in waking up, and then ignoring me for a good five minutes! I thought something was wrong with him with how he was acting, but he's fine, as is Dragoon (who was much sweeter in coming to see me).

Clay Sales went okay, we didn't sell as much as we were hoping, but luckily, we have one more clay sale at the end of the semester, so we're looking forward to that one, especially since we'll be handing the reins over to the older students who know what the heck they're doing with the outdoor sale! I did, however, buy an African Violet with pink flowers and stuck it in my "tie-dye" pot. It looks quite good in it right now. My room mate and I just put it in there along with her Hen and Chicks plant into one of her bowls. I'll have to get a picture of both of them tomorrow when I do a full WC on the tank. Dragoon doesn't quite know what to make of the new plants outside his tank .

I'm going to hit the hay, I'm still half-hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath for it, even with the Winter Storm Warning. I'm assuming we'll still have class (REALLY hoping not though).
Old 02-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #627 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol! We had a similar scare on our way to Syracuse two weekends ago where we were still 20-ish minutes out and the fuel light came on! We literally pulled up to the pump and ran out of gas! It was the most stressful end of a trip I've ever been on! lol but your line is hilarious, I could picture the whole thing XD
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #628 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Lol! We had a similar scare on our way to Syracuse two weekends ago where we were still 20-ish minutes out and the fuel light came on! We literally pulled up to the pump and ran out of gas! It was the most stressful end of a trip I've ever been on! lol but your line is hilarious, I could picture the whole thing XD
This is the second occasion a car has stopped mid-trip, though the first time we've run out of gas. At least you made it to the pump!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #629 
lovee1795

I've had so many close calls with almost running out of gas. It's the most nerve wracking thing to ever go through. xD Ew, winter storm warning. I'm so sick of snow. We haven't had this much snow in Pennsylvania in quite a few years. We're a week behind in classes and all of our professors are scrambling to catch up with the information in class. Unless you're my bio professor, who just shrugs and says we should be staying on top of the reading and just moves right along.
lovee1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #630 
BettaLover1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovee1795 View Post
I've had so many close calls with almost running out of gas. It's the most nerve wracking thing to ever go through. xD Ew, winter storm warning. I'm so sick of snow. We haven't had this much snow in Pennsylvania in quite a few years. We're a week behind in classes and all of our professors are scrambling to catch up with the information in class. Unless you're my bio professor, who just shrugs and says we should be staying on top of the reading and just moves right along.
I've, luckily, only got one paranoid teacher who absolutely "has" to stay on schedule . I'd wish he'd take the time to teach the material rather than worry about whether or not we're on schedule.

Very sick of snow too! It needs to stop/Spring needs to hurry up!