Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #1 
Ashthemutt

Tank Divider HELP!

I want to get a divider for my 10 gal. and i want to split it into 3 areas. but i have no idea which divider to buy! has anyone has any that they really love? and could you please send the link to it! i would greatly appreciate the help!

please help!
Ashthemutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #2 
Cupcake21

Have you considered making your own dividers? I would say they are much cheaper compared to buying some. Just a thought.
Cupcake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #3 
Ashthemutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake21 View Post
Have you considered making your own dividers? I would say they are much cheaper compared to buying some. Just a thought.
I'm not sure how to make them..
Old 02-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #4 
Waking Buddha

If you google diy aquarium divider you will get a lot of results. It can be a lot of fun making custom things!
Waking Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #5 
Ashthemutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking Buddha View Post
If you google diy aquarium divider you will get a lot of results. It can be a lot of fun making custom things!
alright! thanks so much :) Ill defiantly look into that!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #6 
TheSailorette

Make your own

I made my own dividers! It is fairly simple and cheap. Go to the sewing section of say Wal-Mart or any store that has a sewing section. Somewhere there should be what is called plastic canvas. I know sounds weird. basically it is a sheet of plastic with little squares cut out of it. I don't know what it is used for but it works awesome for what you need it for. General rule of thumb is grab one BIGGER than the size you are going to need because you can cut it down. If you get it to small you are screwed. Then go to the office or school supplies area of the store. grab a pack of 'sliding bar report covers' http://www.officemax.com/office-supp...i_sku=21936700 if you don't know what I'm talking about click the link. Well basically what you are going for is the colorful things on the end. I got white ones because I have a more natural looking tank not a rainbow of madness. lol But grab that. Ok when you get home cut down your plastic canvas to size. Make sure it fits snug but not so snug that it leaves any ripples. Then slid the little plastic bar things over the sides to make them all smooth and slip it into your tank. I put mine in before I put gravel so it is all the way to the bottom and I left an inch of it out of the top of the water! so my betta can't go under or over it. And it can't fit between the tank and the divider. It works pretty well and I haven't had any problems. The only problem I have had is my African Dwarf Frog has figured out a way to get from one side to the other. So he choses who he likes day be day. lol I hope that helps! If not let me know I'll find the instructions I followed. I'll leave a pic of my divider below.
Attached Images

TheSailorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #7 
Warhawk

Thesailorette is dead no. I have done the same divider in a 10g works great. I'm setting up the same thing in a 30g right now.

These are cheap and easy but work great
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #8 
TheSailorette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Thesailorette is dead no. I have done the same divider in a 10g works great. I'm setting up the same thing in a 30g right now.

These are cheap and easy but work great
This Sailorette is not dead. lol... very much alive.
TheSailorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #9 
Warhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSailorette View Post
This Sailorette is not dead. lol... very much alive.
Oops. Should have read that one a little closer.

Should have been dead on.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote