Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #10821 
Tree

I love the idea of the tile. =)

here are mine:

Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #10822 
Joey Fish

Wow i love the bamboo in yours. That tile tank is such a great idea, it opens up a whole new world of ideas. Please tell us how it turns out!
Joey Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #10823 
Rollo

Just filled it up it's a little cloudy but figured better post a picture cause that might be the best these plants ever look. lol. If I had of planned a little better I would have gotten pots before I bought the plants, so ended up just planting them in stuff I had around the house. I like how the pot/plant on the far left turned out, but will probably end up changing the others to more "zenish" pots. Definitely needs some moss balls. The hood still has the incandescent lights that came with it, going to change them out to compact fluorescent. One thing to watch out for on the tile is there is a mesh that holds the little individual tiles in place on some tiles this is a water soluble paste. For the gaps between the tiles I did silicon between them so no gunk could get in there. I ended up just using my finger to smooth the silicon down into the gap but kinda ended up with a layer of silicon on the tiles. I have about 2-3 hours into scraping off that excess silicon with a razor, so kind of tedious lol
No Betta yet, I have dosed the water with that liquid carbon stuff and some fetilizer, I think gonna let the tank find it's balance and let me get a feel for the water in a planted tank. Then put a fish in.
[IMG][/IMG]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #10824 
DBanana

Posted this in the planted tanks section but I'm kind of really happy with this baby. 5g kit I picked up on sale and switched out the comes-with bulb for a better one. Told myself I wasn't going to get any plants; was going to use grow offs from the other plants I already have but then ended getting tonnes because they were so cute. Water parameters are already good but the tank still has a while to cycle before it's fully ready.

It's going to be the home for my yet unnamed white female I ordered off of Aquabid.
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #10825 
Joey Fish

How many gallons is the tile tank? It looks amazing. What plants did you use? It looks like dwarf hairgrass, amazon sword, what else? I really like the glass container for the plants, it lets you see the gravel and the pebbles still give a stable surface for good bacteria to grow on,so zenlike and calm, maybe some bamboo would work well, plus moss balls! keep us posted with pics. It looks soooooo cool, and my next tank will probably steal your idea. :)

Last edited by Joey Fish; 02-08-2014 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #10826 
Joey Fish

What substrate did you use for the plants?
Old 02-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #10827 
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Fish View Post
How many gallons is the tile tank? It looks amazing. What plants did you use? It looks like dwarf hairgrass, amazon sword, what else? I really like the glass container for the plants, it lets you see the gravel and the pebbles still give a stable surface for good bacteria to grow on,so zenlike and calm, maybe some bamboo would work well, plus moss balls! keep us posted with pics. It looks soooooo cool, and my next tank will probably steal your idea. :)
Thank you! Yes it's three swords and dwarf hairgrass, wanted to start off with what is hopefully some easy keepers. They're planted in fluorite. I like the bamboo idea.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #10828 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Fish View Post
Wow i love the bamboo in yours. That tile tank is such a great idea, it opens up a whole new world of ideas. Please tell us how it turns out!

thanks. =) I had to cut the leaves off of the lucky bamboo though because the cats ate them. LOL but they are growing back nicely.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #10829 
Joey Fish

Where is the fluorite from? It looks great and I plan on getting some.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #10830 
Rollo

It's Seachem flourite, from the LFS. It comes in a couple of different colors textures.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank