Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #1 
ClauudiaDi

Question Is my betta fish a marble?

I bought a white pearly coloured betta fish a few weeks ago and when I first got him only his pelvic fins were showing a bit of red but it was hardly noticable. He also had a little bit of black on his dorsal fin but again I didn't even notice until I brought him home. Lately he his fins have started to look like they have red stripes through them with dark patches appearing here and there. His body is still completely white though. The colour seems to be spreading over his fins but at a very slow rate. Could he have the marble gene? If so when will the colours start to come through more?

The attached image is a comparison shot of when I first got him and how he looks now
Attached Images

ClauudiaDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #2 
shadowshearth

I can't answer the question of whether he's marbled or not... I'm not very familiar with patterns and colors. But some change colors when they are happier and healthier. :) Mine did the same thing. Sometimes, they change so dramatically, it's pretty stunning. His color changes may come in after a couple of days, fully. You never know! Keep us updated, I'd like to see some other color changing fish like mine. lol

Name:  Before and After.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  Before and After (2).jpg
Views: 230
Size:  47.2 KB
shadowshearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:41 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It takes a few weeks for a Betta to "color-up," to become the full color they are supposed to be. If, in a few months after he gets colored-up, he starts changing to a different color, then you'll know he's a marble.

Just from looking though, I'd say not.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #4 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
see if he starts to color up, then ask again. if he stays the same color, no.
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marble, marble betta, marble gene, marbling, white betta