Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #1 
Sabina88

Affordable

Does any one know of any affordable aquariums for bettas.
For instance what are some good tanks that wont break the bank but bettas will be happy in, same with filters and heaters, and is there good affordable kit that you could get.
Also does anyone know a general/average cost for getting a tank (with or without a filter) and a heater?
Sabina88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #2 
iFish22

Depends on what you consider affordable. A basic 5 gallon glass kit and a heater would be suitable for a betta. If you live in the US supplies are very cheap in general. Watch for sales and get stores to price match online.
iFish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #3 
Kumo

If you just want one betta, a 2.5 gallon is fine, but if you ever want more animals in your tank, I recommend upgrading to a 5 gallon tank. Different companies will sell their supplies at different prices (some companies sell a "tank starter" kit which essientially comes with - filter, heater, the tank itself, SOMETIMES a thermometer). To glotanks always cost a lot, so I only recommend those if you're getting glofish tetra.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #4 
Fishybitty

I'm going to suggest these sites truaqua has a lot of affordable stuff!
I spent about $48 on a 10 gallon tank and a heater. That isn't including decorations and stone.

Also, right now petsmart has their aquatic sale going on. The have tanks on sale so go check them out also.
Www.truaqua.com
Www.Walmart.com
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 AM   #5 
Hallyx
Reference Team

A 5g tank costs as much to equip as a 2.5g. And a 10g is really only a few dollars more.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #6 
peachii

Wal-Mart sells a 10 gallon kit for 27.00 before tax. You can get an LED or florescent hood, LED is not bright at all so i would get the florescent one. Heaters you can get off e-bay for a very good price.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote