Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #1 
maybi

Need help with tank set up

So I recently got a ten gallon tank and I split it for my two bettas, the one side that has the filter my poor female florence struggle with it a bit, it's not bad especially for her since shes so active. But if anyone would have a suggestion on how to buffer it for her a bit that would b helpful
maybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

What type of filter is it?
For mine, I stuff aquarium sponge in the outtake (where the water flows out) and then add some tall silk plants in front if it to break up any remaining current.

option 2 - switch to sponge filters. You can run 2 off one airpump and then you can put one in each section

option 3 - there is also a way to baffle the current by using a soda bottle and there are or there was, a sticky somelace on this forum on how to do that.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #3 
Kumo

What kind of filter do you use? I use a quietflow 20 for my 10 gallon and my betta swims just fine in the current. I've heard of some people putting stretchy stockings over the intake area of the filter in the aquarium so the flow isn't as strong.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote