Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #11 
JamieTron

Hey don't forget to leave the heater in the water for a bit before you turn it on (10 minutes should be good), the sudden change in temperature for it if you turn it one right away can crack the glass. anyways do you have a thermometer? It won't take overly long for your water to warm up to a suitable temperature if the water you put in the tank initially is room temperature already. Just keep testing it with your thermometer
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #12 
vaygirl

As others have said, corydoras catfish do well with a betta. I have four bronze Corydoras and two glass shrimp in with my betta. The only problem I have is the betta trying to steal the sinking pellets from them. I float him while they're eating now. It really depends on the betta.

Look for one that's lively. When I got my guy he was the most active and he came right up to the edge of the cup and looked at me. He's never been skittish, comes right up to me when I'm vacuuming his tank. They're truly awesome fish.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:19 AM   #13 
Grimmjow

I wouldnt do an air stone for a betta, I tried one in my tank and mine wanted nothing to do with it and stayed on the other side of the tank, but maybe its just him. Also id say a snail is a good idea, especially if any sunlight hits your tank, another betta of mine would follow the snail around and watch it do its cleaning.

Last edited by Grimmjow; 11-17-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #14 
Dannyboy

i guess all Bettas are different Cody actually seems to like his bubbles, he often hangs out by them
Dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #15 
MrChampagne

Lightbulb

Betta's are territorial and want to be the dominant fish. As long as another fish dosn't show signs of challenging the Betta's Status as King of the tank..they should get along fine. Once the Betta realizes the other fish is no threat to him he goes about his buisness..My Fantail Goldfish gets along well with my Veiltail Betta. They seem to be pals even. The betta just builds his bubble nest and shows off at himself at his own reflection in the tank...no sign of that torwards the Fantail Goldfish. The Betta and Goldfish are thriving together...despite the odds.. I think it's due to the Gold fish not wanting to be the most dominant.
MrChampagne is offline   Reply With Quote