Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 PM   #1 
littlemissmiss7

Lightbulb suggestions?

ok so i have this one betta... hes in like this tank thats a lil bigger then i fish bowl( i know i know) n now since im getting another betta im getting two all new tanks ! yeaay! like with a fliter like contraption. its tall. so any suggestions on what kinds of decor i should get? kinds of gravel? plants?
littlemissmiss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #2 
soleilvie

I'm a beginner so I didn't want to go right into live plants. All my plants are silk. I would advise against plastic plants just because they are risky with Betta fins. Aesthetically, I would say live plants > silk plants > plastic plants. Personally I don't like colored gravel. You could go with white gravel to bring out darker colored Bettas or black gravel to show off lighter colored Bettas. Lastly, a nice rock or cave would sure look nice and also provide a hiding spot for your fish.
soleilvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #3 
a123andpoof

I usually go with plastic plants. I am just pretty careful and make they aren't to pointy.
I have colored gravel in both my tanks, but if rocks going down the drain will be a problem I would go with something a bit bigger. My mom was getting annoyed at the rocks going down the drain lol
I have silk plants in one of my tanks, and they do look nice, but are a bit more expensive. And as soleilvie said a nice cave. I would go to petsmart as they have some nice bridges and small caves for not to badly priced. I found some nice bridges and a few caves for like $6 there.
Oh and pretty betta! I am sure he will love his new home!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote