Today after feeding Marley, my male crowntail, I found several uneaten pellets in his tank. So i watched him for a while after I fed him and sure enough i saw him cough one up. Is this normal?? If its an indication of something serious to show up soon, what should I be on the lookout for?
I feed him NLS small fish pellets, the ones that are .5mm in size. i give him about 6-8 pellets daily which is the equivalent of 3-4 Omega betta buffet pellets, which he eats also. The Omegas are 1mm in size. His pool looks normal, though today I fished out 1 white stringy looking particle along with normal cinnamon bun looking poo.
He is acting normal and is swimming around his entire tank. He has been more active this past week than normal. no signs of ich or anything external.
- 5 Gallon, heated at 76-78 degress
- Filtration is a Whisper 3i...more for circulation
- WC routine is 2x a week, 40% changed with gravel vacuum
- conditioner is either Prime or Stresscoat Plus
- Food is NLS small fish pellets or Omega betta buffet pellets
- I have not tested his water parameters
Any thoughts would be helpful