Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #1 
CosmoTheCutie

Question Dividers

So I've read that male bettas can be put together if they're divided. Would this be too stressful on them? Also could you put a sorority and a male divided?
CosmoTheCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #2 
Rana

I wouldn't put a sorority into a divided tank, because that would probably be too much stress. But just two bettas, or a few depending in the size tank, will be fine. Some bettas get stressed in divided tanks, others seem to love them. Double up on dividers if you can, and make sure there are some plants to break their eyesight.

The only real downsides are it's easier for them to spread diseases, and it's easier for them to jump a divider and fight than to get from separate tanks. On the other hand, you can easily have a stable cycle and only need one of each piece of equipment.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #3 
Sathori

I was given a link to a great little DIY divider that worked really well for my divided 10 gallon tank.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

Like the post states above me, some do well in divided tanks, others do not. My one HM started tail biting when he was able to see the other betta. It seemed to stress him out being able to see another male. I eventually took one out and gave the other the full 10 gallon, BUT that doesn't say you shouldn't give it a shot! :)
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote