Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #11 
cowgirlsue1

Well, that's that. My oto died overnight. I made a real beginner's mistake in getting an algae eater before tank was mature. Stupid me. I'll wait for a couple of months until I can build up some food...or...not have any at all. It's not like the betta needs company.
cowgirlsue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #12 
Kiara1125

Honestly, otos are very sensitive. If they live for a month then you'll have them for a while. All otos are wild caught and go through the stress of shipping and having no food during transportation and rarely any food at the pet stores. I had one oto live out of 9 and I had him for a little over a year. He died recently due to a terrible ich infestation. Still, it really depends on the stock and the food available. Otos mainly eat brown diatoms and they can form within an aquarium within a few weeks of setup.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #13 
cowgirlsue1

Thanks Kiara1125. I felt like I committed fishslaughter by being stupid and jumping the gun. LFS is soooo tempting.
cowgirlsue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #14 
SweetCheeksMum

I've had mine for 5 or 6 weeks now. They are super cute :) You can tell they are getting plenty by looking at their tummies. They are pudgy when full :) lol Mine won't touch wafers either. They enjoyed a cucumber once while I was waiting for more algae to grow.
I had to share my favorite picture of one of mine...

You can see the other one in that back ground on the filter :)
SweetCheeksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #15 
SweetCheeksMum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlsue1 View Post
Well, that's that. My oto died overnight. I made a real beginner's mistake in getting an algae eater before tank was mature. Stupid me. I'll wait for a couple of months until I can build up some food...or...not have any at all. It's not like the betta needs company.
Awe, sorry about your fish :( silly me didn't flip top the 2nd page before commenting... still getting used to this forum stuff
SweetCheeksMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #16 
DaytonBetta

I lost one, but the other three seem to be doing well. I put a slice of cucumber on a wooden skewer and stuck it in the door of our sandcastle decoration. They seemed to like that. I'm going to do it once a week I think.

Your guy is very cute!
DaytonBetta is offline   Reply With Quote