Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #1 
lucyinthesky

Question transportation of bettas

I have a question - and to most of you, it may seem really stupid, however, I really want to know the answer...

How do Bettas get transported... say when buying from aquabid... from what I have read on the forum, they are posted/couriered... but in what? in a container? how do they get air? do they need to be fed? and are they always carried the correct way up / not turned upside down and shaken around?
and wouldnt it be quite traumatic to the fish?
lucyinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

They are put in plastic bags (like you see at the fish store). The bags have just enough water to cover the fish and are filled with air. The box is lined with styrofoam inserts and filled with newspaper so the fish hardly moves around at all. The box is marked with stuff like "fragile" and "this end up".

Its impossible to know what happens during transit but with millions of fish shipped safely I think it works.

Shipping is stressful on the fish and they may arrive with tail damage and low color but once properly acclimated and treated they usually return to their normal color and their fins regrow.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote