Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #1 
Jennyinurmouth

Divide a 2.5?

What if you have two small bettas that seem to prefer smaller tank setups? What does this sound like to you guys?
Reason being, I have a 2.5 gallon, that I could divide but it does look finer the way it is. I was just wondering if the benefit of more room, would be worth dividing the tank.
I keep a few in 1 gallons at the moment anyway, so it isn't anything they aren't used to.
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #2 
Maryrox247

Well i wanted to do that with a 2.5 gallon i used to have and many people advised me against it but it is up to you really. Each fish would get approx. 1 gallon of water and my boy roger lives in a 1 gallon and seems to be ok. Just keep the water clean and make sure it is around 80 degrees and all that jazz. :)
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:03 AM   #3 
Scienceluvr8

If your fish seem to prefer a smaller enclosure, I'm pretty sure it would be fine, but from personal experience I would recommend you to leave your fish as is because one of my bettas was upgraded from a 1 to a 2.5 gallon, and I can't believe the difference it has made. He is thriving and his fins look totally better in comparison to their previous frayed/dull appearance. I'm sure your fish will come to enjoy his larger tank.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I've divided my 2.5G's when I had a lot more fish and my fish are doing a lot better in their own 2.5G's. Especially if they're long-finned fish, their fins can grow to their full capacity.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:05 PM   #5 
Jennyinurmouth

well yeah I think I will leave pip alone lol :P his fins are coming along really great.
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote