Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #11 
0ut0fsight4443

Well as long as the Angel is evicted before adding any bettas then you should be fine. I am sure the gold's will love the other tank, even if it means living at the pet store. I assume they sell the fish from that tank for a price if you have a home and an interest.
0ut0fsight4443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #12 
AmbiantNight

It's a hobby of the owner. Don't know how much he charges for one of the giants but I know that he has to inspect where they will be living before he considers selling. It's a great planted tank. I love to go there and just look at it from time to time. Makes you feel like your inside an actual lake.
AmbiantNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #13 
AmbiantNight

So updates on this tank. The pleco tried to eat the gold goldfish. And the comet developed ick. Tank is being treated as we speak. Before all of this the comet had the angel by the dorsal and was dragging it around the tank. The angel is in it's own tank for it's safety. Daily tank changes have not been enough to keep this tank healthy. The bio filters came in the mail and I now have them in there.

I caught the ick early (single small red blotch under the scales of the white comet. Almost thought it was a wound at first. Treating the entire tank just in case one of the others has it and I just haven't noticed. They go to their new homes on the 15th. I had thrown a few shrimp in there but the vegetarian Pleco ate them. And these were good size shrimp.

Have the Pleco advertised as needing a new home. Don't know if there just isn't enough room so he is cranky or what. I know at one point the previous owner did have guppies in there. Maybe he got use to snacking on them and misses his meaty nibbles.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #14 
Agent13
Reference Team

That's because the pleco isn't vegetarian . They're actually omnivores . Shrimp most certainly are on there diet . They do eat mostly veggies however what's considered a small percentage of their diet( the meaty part) is still pretty large compared to other omnivores given their size .

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #15 
Kali

Woah, do you know how long the previous owner had this combo in the tank? It sounds like Battle Royale in there!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #16 
AmbiantNight

Almost a year. She kept them over fed to the point that they were bloated.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #17 
AmbiantNight

And the Pleco has a new home. Getting a good piece of drift wood and a bucket of river stones in exchange
Old 03-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #18 
kelikani

Poor fish. >.< No idea how they survived a whole year with their previous owner. Good thing you came to their rescue! What will you be using the tank for? :)
kelikani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #19 
AmbiantNight

I use to breed years ago and am getting back into it. It will be my new breeder tank. I'll be glad to get it up and running. I have another tank (35 gal) coming from the person taking the golds and angel that will be my sorority tank. Then a second 10 gal that will be for the other male I'm getting latter this month. That still leaves me with a few isolation tanks for rescues as they come in. Had a Koi come in but found him a home immediately.