Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #1 
sstacy19

is my eye improving?

I think he looks conformationally better then the rose tail. But, looks like the scaling is too heavy at his tail? Am I starting to get this? Or still off. There was only one side view, I asked the breeder for a picture of his other side too
Attached Images

sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Almost! His tail is right on the verge of being a Rose Tail though. The edges of the halfmoon shape curve at the ends which they shouldn't, they should go straight out and then around to make the D shape. He's young so his caudal will still grow out of course but his dorsal looks amazing. His scaling looks fine all around, he's a normal Copper, they tend to have thicker scales without being a Dragonscale. Personally, his ventrals look very short and stubby but for now he does make the full circle where his fins almost meet all the way around, just the issue with that caudal being too short and ventrals as well. Color-wise he is messy but he is adorable ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:24 AM   #3 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstacy19 View Post
I think he looks conformationally better then the rose tail. But, looks like the scaling is too heavy at his tail? Am I starting to get this? Or still off. There was only one side view, I asked the breeder for a picture of his other side too
He is RT as well.. too heavy branched and his balance is off. The rays of the tail should be as long as the rays on the other fins.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote