Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #1 
lastbook87

Giving a fish away...

I've had (attempted) rescues die, and I've just sent, for the first time, a semi-rescue in the mail, but tomorrow I'm going to be giving away one of my fish to a place that I don't have direct control over and where I can't be 100% sure of his care. I know that probably sounds awful, but I have a quadriplegic step-sister who loves pets. I put a big yellow & blue multi-colored VT in her room when she was staying here one weekend, and she asked to keep it. He's not one of my absolute favorites, and I don't have any real emotional attachment to him, but it's weird to be giving one away where I won't get reliable updates on him (due to complicated family stuff).

Now, I do know that he will be taken care of, because that whole family loves pets--he'll probably get better care than most people buying bettas in pet stores give, so that's something. I'm giving them a tank along with the fish, and am currently going back and forth between a medium kritter keeper with one of my spare heaters, or a 1-gallon tank with lighting and an under gravel filter. So I know he'll have something decent, either way, plus my little sister will have one less tank to clean while I'm on vacation. It's just weird to be saying good-bye to the boy that blows me a bubble nest that completely covers the top of his tank every time I change his water. *sniffle*
lastbook87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 AM   #2 
dipsydoodlenoodle

But you are doing it for a good cause, your step-sister will be over the moon with him and I'm sure he'll get a lot of attention
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #3 
beta novice

yeah just think you wont be really giving him up you could always see him
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote