Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2010, 04:54 PM   #1 
TheDeWittsFish

Please help me..

*I got another fish yesterday from petsmart and he has a weird lump on his back, I really want to help him out as best as I can. He tries not to let it mess with him but he cant really swim all around the tank because it makes him float up towards the top. *Yesterday it was there but this morning it looks like white peices are trying to fall off of it. I tried to take some pictures of it and he would only let me take a couple. Sorry there not the best. *

If anyone knows what it is and the best way to make him feel all better, *please let me know. Any name ideas as well.. Please and thank you. * *
TheDeWittsFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #2 
sjones

I'd private message oldfishlady and ask her for help, she knows a lot about betta diseases and care
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 
Allenbetta

I hoped you would shot more clearest pics but blurring ones. It's hard to diagnose by the pics. I would say by your descriptions that white stuff is normal as long as it weren't stick on the body and it does eat the food you drop ? Right?

On other hand,if it doesn't eat any food,that's meant it got sick. You'll need fish medicine and add up the temperature to 30 Celsius to cure it.

And don't buy the fish in store that seems not at well condition have you don't know how to cure. IMHO.
Allenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #4 
sjones

Did you find any help? Also you posted in the wrong thread-try beta emergencies with some clearer pictures-:)
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote