Good point Morguex, has made me think about it, mixing the fert and carbon source in the water. I believe what I will do in the future is do the dosing during a water change. I will put the stuff in the new water and mix real well before I add to the tank.
Since these plant's are in pots I did look at those fert tabs that you bury in the substrate but the ones I saw they are like the liquid stuff I have now no nitrogen or phosphorous, just potassium.
PS. I did pull the tile out yesterday, I believe they are inert ceramic, but you never know so I pulled them. I had filled the gaps between the tiles with RTV silicon which is the same goop they use to seal the tanks. They were kind of like a mat that just layed on the bottom so was easy to get out. Figured getting rid of it for now at least would eliminate on possible issue.
Last edited by Rollo; 02-20-2014 at 09:20 PM.