Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #10881 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye View Post
I think you're right about Mopani, it's pretty heavy for such a small piece of wood and looking at pictures is looks a lot like it. it sunk right away and I didn't have a problem with the wood floating.
Awesome! Mopani is one of my favorite types for sure since it just has great weight to it and you can pretty much do anything with it. Malaysian is sort of light, it depends on the piece but it can be pretty heavy as well and will normally sink right away too. I find that Malaysian has more of a velvety look to it like it is softer where Mopani is burly and gnarled looking, Malaysian also tends to be straighter pieces; well...the ones I've owned have been more straight. I'm sure it's possible for Malaysian to be just as bendy and curvy as Mopani, it's just from my experience is all ^_^

Either way, your tank looks fantastic!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #10882 
MarcyAngela

[/IMG]

My betta, Finn, in his 10 gallon tank :)
MarcyAngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #10883 
Aconyte

So I recently took in a half dead veil tail from a co-worker who didn't know that bettas shouldn't be kept in small vases with plastic flowers. Nursed him back to health and now he's happy as ever in the Fluval Chi I set up for him :D

Aconyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #10884 
Joey Fish

Wow thats a big improvement from a vase.
Joey Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #10885 
Micherie

Very nice!!
Micherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #10886 
anothernewbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieemily View Post
I can already see a 5 gallon tank in his future....Just need to sweet talk my husband into spending the money. What will I do with the smaller aquarium? Hate to waste it....any suggestions?
I was there a month ago. :) Had my betta in a 2 gallon and now he is in a cycled five gallon. I turned my 2 gallon (which is actually an aquaponic tank and now I can actually use it as such) into a low-light aquascaped shrimp garden. Check it out. Your fish will be happier with more room and you can do some cool stuff with your little tank. The moss carpet on the stone is growing out!

Sorry about the light.

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  photo 3.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  33.8 KB
anothernewbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #10887 
gracierat

I'm loving all the beautiful tank pictures! Here is my plakat Dude and his new 2.6 gal Top Fin I set up last night :D

gracierat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 AM   #10888 
Polkadot

@gracierat - Gorgeous!
Polkadot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #10889 
mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracierat View Post
I'm loving all the beautiful tank pictures! Here is my plakat Dude and his new 2.6 gal Top Fin I set up last night :D

I need rock for my new tank. Where did you get the rocks? I'm having so much trouble finding anything of size. I don't want the little ones, I want an assortment of about the size you have.
I have Quartz rock in my yard, but not sure if there is any metal in it, so not too keen on using it.
mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #10890 
gracierat

Thanks polkadot! Dude seems much happier in this tank! hopefully he won't glass surf in this tank...so far so good! Mart, I got the rocks at petsmart, I really love the rock and it wasn't too expensive, 3.27 each for the larger rocks in the back that the cave is made of, and the smaller rock in the foreground came in a pack of 3 for 1.99. I too don't feel comfortable using rock from my yard, so I figured this was the way to go.
gracierat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank