Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #11 
Arzela

Yup...I'm jealous, I can't afford aquabid bettas and Petsmart isn't all that great. However, Feeder's Supply has started carrying Dragons and DBT's...so that's a little bit better, but there isn't much choice in what they have. =/
Arzela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #12 
Betta Slave

Honestly, the best Petsmart bettas are in the back... except for my "female" who was in the front. I would have hidden her if I didn't have enough room at the time! ^-^ But it's hard to get through them, because there are cups after cups after cups and I don't know where to put them! Next time I go I'll sort through them all and get wierd looks from all the employees. :D

I ordered 2 of my bettas from Canadian Aquatics. They ship in directly from Thailand and around there, and get in gorgeous bettas. You have to be quick, most of them are sold 5 minutes are they've told us they got some new ones in. 0.o
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #13 
Learn To Fly

Yeah. In my Petsmart all the CTs and females are on the "bottom" shelf, while the VTs are on the very top shelf. I'm really short and so if I'm looking at the VTs I have trouble seeing the ones in the back. (I'm always hopeful that somehow a HM "snuck" into the bunch of VTs, maybe his fins were clamped. Not likely, but I can dream.)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Last year we had some crowntail females mixed in with the regular females. That's how I got Reina.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #15 
Betta Slave

I have been looking for a crowntail female forever, DQ! Everyone in the U.S. has a wide selection! I hope Canada gets Petcos, or at least dome DBT's and HM's and PK's, so I won't have to lurk around every betta section in the pet store I see. I saw a red orchid female (I don't know if that's possible or not, but that's what she looked like) at my PJ's Pet Express the other day, but I didn't have the money. And I could't hide her in the back because the cups they are in are mounted up on the wall. ;_;
Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #16 
Jooleeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave
There are no Petcos in Canada. >:( And judging by what everyone's said, they have PK's and HM's and.... DBT's! I am an absolute sucker for DBTs and have been looking everywhere for one. >:( And.... I could always use Plakats.
But we have a Petsmart that has some okay bettas. (And by okay, I mean... pale, until you put them in a new tank.) All they have are VT's and CT's. But I managed to snab up a PK who they mislabeled as a female. Heh.
But I am jealous of all you people who have Petco's near your houses!

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame its so annoying. The only thing i have is petsmart and Big Als. Big als is okay but like most of the good guys are gone by the time i get there and they only really have vts and cts.
canda's lame xD
Jooleeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #17 
Betta Slave

I know, right? XD The bettas in my Big Al's are around $40 and I can't see any uncommon (well, around here) coloring or tail types, so I don't bother. And $40 is a little over-priced for a betta!
Still... I'd kill (ok, not quite, but you get my point) to have a Petco where I live!!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

They don't normally have them at Petsmart. I just got lucky that some were mixed in with the shipment. Now, if only they'd mix in some halfmoons in a shipment...
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #19 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
They don't normally have them at Petsmart. I just got lucky that some were mixed in with the shipment. Now, if only they'd mix in some halfmoons in a shipment...
Yeah, that's what I keep hoping!
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote