Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #11 
thegameksk

My Bettas are pigs. The king can eat a pellet whole and the regular one nibbles at it till its all gone. This happens even if I feed them first.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #12 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Feed the corys when the bettas are busy with there food.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #13 
vaygirl

It takes Tango about 15 seconds to eat 6 pellets. It takes the corys 15 minutes to eat one pellet broken in half. Then Tango chased the corys away from their own food and carried it away. He was so bloated and sick from it, I had to separate him. He would have eaten himself to death.

The breeders cup is maybe 7 inches long, three deep, three wide? My tank is 16 gallons high. It has one divider, so you can put two in it.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #14 
thegameksk

Thats the same way my Bettas are. Even if I feed them first, they wonder to the bottom of the tank and see the food and take it. I did have 2 catfish on each side of my divided 10 gallon. Yesterday after taking 30 minutes to try to catch my bettas (damn thing know now if they see the net to hide in the plants) I decided to put all 4 of the catfish on one side of the tank. I need to buy a breeder tank. How long do you keep the Bettas in the breeding tank for and how much/how often do you feed the catfish?

It takes Tango about 15 seconds to eat 6 pellets. It takes the corys 15 minutes to eat one pellet broken in half. Then Tango chased the corys away from their own food and carried it away. He was so bloated and sick from it, I had to separate him. He would have eaten himself to death.

The breeders cup is maybe 7 inches long, three deep, three wide? My tank is 16 gallons high. It has one divider, so you can put two in it.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #15 
vaygirl

Usually Tango only rates a 15 minute stay but I've forgotten and left him in there for upwards of an hour. Since it floats in his own tank it's easy to forget I put him in there. :P And then he's PISSED. It's not really a tank, it's just kind of a cup that floats in your tank, like a boat. The reason I like it is that it's clear. Very clear. And Tango really can't see it very well like he can a net, so he comes right up expecting to eat and I scoop him into it. Then I feed him in there, 4-6 pellets depending on how many he got the day before. I took the divider out of mine because I only have one fish with buddies.

I have Hikari sinking carnivore pellets. The corys get one pellet a day broken in half. That way the four of them don't have to wrestle over one pellet. It takes them roughly 15 minutes to them.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #16 
squilky

I haven't had an issue. I feed my cory's sinking wafers at night and the betta never bothers the food or them.
Posted via Mobile Device
squilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 AM   #17 
bonfiliof

I use to have them with a betta, it was fine for about 4 months, then the betta just turned on one smaller male Cory, and ended up killing him.
bonfiliof is offline   Reply With Quote