Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #1 
Cloelia

A little question

I put Gareth into a new bowl. He outgrew his old one, and his fins started to curl on the ends. But, that's not the problem, don't comment on that. Anyway, I set up the new bowl, made sure all the levels were okay, then put him in. He seemed happy at first, but he won't eat anything. I didn't worry at first, but it's been a few days, and he still isn't eating. Right now, I'm just chalking it up to getting used to his new surroundings, but how long should I wait before I start to worry?

Also, a moth (one of those little ones that gets into your cereal) fell into his bowl (before I switched them) one night and died. I was really tired when I saw it and didn't bother to take it out, figuring I'd get it in the morning. Unfortunately, I think he ate it. There was one wing still floating, but the body was nowhere to be found. Should I worry about that?
Cloelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #2 
Welsh

Fish take a while to adjust to their new enviornment, newfishmom didnt get her betta to eat for like 2 weeks or something, its nothing to worry about he will eat when he wants to =)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #3 
zoragen

He probably did eat it & that's fine. In the wild they eat insects - so it was an extra little treat!
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote