Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #11 
cmndrJOE

If u guys was to avoid "fish-breath" go to your local walmart or boat supply store and get yourself a fuel primer bulb. It's a squeeze type one way valve. It'll get your siphon going easily, and relatively cheap.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #12 
zoragen

My office mate teases me about fish breath! I've gotten so that I can tell when to stop & stick the end in the bucket.
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #13 
cmndrJOE

Also, to start a siphon, all you need to do it suck enough water to get it past the curve in the tube you're using. If you can't figure that much out, just get a longer airline tube. I've got a spare 15 feet at my house just for that reason alone. I suppose this weekend I can make a youtube video to show everyone how the gravel vac and traditional siphon works if it would help everyone.
cmndrJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #14 
1fish2fish

I just suck on the end. Like some one else said once you see it coming through the tube just quickly put it in your bucket. I've gotten a mouthful once or twice but I don't sweat it, it obviously hasn't killed me yet.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote