Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #1 
BettaBabyBoo

Young but Eager

I don't know how old most of the forum users are, but I just turned seventeen this past January! My house is quite a pet friendly place, with a cat, a budgie, two guinea pigs, and now, bettas. I must say, when I went to the pet store and spent $100+ on equipment and the fish, I started realizing just how easy fish keeping /isn't/. If bettas are easy, god forbid I try anything else! Still, even though it's been a week, I'm batty for bettas. My family thinks I'm crazy because I've spent a good $200 now... And the sad thing is in already planning what to do with my tax returns!

I'm a junior in highschool, hoping to major in zoology and get into Tech or William & Mary. I'm not old enough to work in the local pet stores yet, rest assured, when I am, I'm going to do my best to help out those poor bettas. It's sickening. Agh, now I'm rambling. I want to be a zookeeper or perhaps work in parks, like Disney's Animal Kingdom. I might be new to this(oopsie, very novice) but I've been reading pretty much nonstop on these forums. I've learned so much!

Anyways, so... Yeah. Hey c:
BettaBabyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #2 
Warhawk

Welcome, and yes these little guys can really suck us in.

It sounds like you guy is being taken good care of. I will warn if you work in a pet store they will follow you home. :)
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #3 
BettaBabyBoo

Betta fever heheh. When you say follow you home, what exactly do you mean? :)
BettaBabyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #4 
Warhawk

These little guys have mind control.

I have gone Into the store for fish food and I hear them calling my name so I walk over to take a quick look. I see my hand reaching out for one and pick it up. The next thing I know I'm driving home with my wife asking if I really needed another fish. And the answer is always "Yes dear" followed quickly by "it's no big deal I already have everything I need for this tank".
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. We have people of all ages here. All are welcome. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote