Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #1481 
Quinn

SIP Selkie, you adorable chunky-seal-cutie. So sorry...
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #1482 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks everyone, I know she was a crowd favorite as well. I thought that tank was going so nicely too and then this happens extremely out of the blue! The only thing with these tanks is that the temp isn't steady, it's not like dropping 5 degrees on a dime but at night they sink down to around 72 degree's but still, they isn't bad at all! I don't understand why she got sick so suddenly and horribly, the only thing new is Dario...I mean, he could have brought something in but he's a more sensitive fishy than she would be. Sigh....I don't know man, I don't know!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #1483 
DaytonBetta

I'm sorry. I'm new, but it really seems like bettas are very sensitive and prone to illness. You did what you could. It sounds like you and your mom got a lot of enjoyment during Selkie's little life.
DaytonBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #1484 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

On a lighter note, I want you all to listen to this piece at least half way through and tell me what you think! Godzilla Eats Las Vegas because it is my favorite composer and this is an absolutely ridiculous piece! haha Apparently Eric was told to do something out of his "normal" and so he came up with this! Brilliant, fantastic and absolutely entertaining!

This piece was performed last night at our concert, an absolutely stunning piece that deserves to be heard! Angels in the Architecture by Frank Tichelli

And this was the piece that I performed in, Meridian by Ola Gjeiloanother great piece although the lyrics make no sense: "Meridian, Meridian, Endless line Through my body connecting me to you Meridian is the summit and the path, the path. Unflinching line, you grow me wings you take the burden off my shoulders. It was never mine to carry. Unflinching line, Endless line, Endless line, Endless Line, Meridian, Meridian!"

lol yeah, my teacher told us the "You grow me wings" part is Red Bull Energy drinks and now that is all I can think of when we sing it! It's hilarious! And Endless Line is definitely an endless line >.< but the song is beautiful still and quite entertaining to sing/listen to!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #1485 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So I'm almost finished with my Hawkeye drawing! I need to go over some of him with the chalk pastel to brighten up some stuff like the red on his anal fin but over all, I really enjoyed this one! Especially the splattering of ink around him ^_^ I got it all on my hands too lol. One thing I say is; if your hands aren't dirty; you aren't an artist! Unless your a digital artist but still...lol

And then the other day I came home to this....Siberian ON my pillow >.> Ignore my blue sheets lol, I hate those things. I was washing my brown sheets which are supposed to be on because otherwise my room is entirely blue O.o But yes, Siberian knows that he should not be on my pillow....little brat! haha

And Ieli....my other spoiled brat. Came home to this....she was trying to get into the fish tank to drink the water even though the water fountain is right in front of here. But she was like....wut? lol
Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #1486 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh! I forgot to mention that my Grindal worms are coming in tomorrow and I'm glad I mentioned what I was going to be feeding them to because the guy threw in some extra White Worms so I can start a culture with those too ^_^ super nice guy! I'm quite happy with this purchase as a whole! Only 12 dollars for the whole thing and I just hope I don't crash my cultures lol although with LittleBettaFish's help I'm confident that I can grow these things adequately!

On that note, Dario seems to be eating something, he doesn't look as emaciated as he did before. I'm wondering if he's finding little microorganisms to eat which wouldn't surprise me but I'm just happy he's finding something, even if it is the guppy fry although it looks like those two extra babies I had gotten were from the Platinum SnakeSkin girl not the Moscow girl. Moscow is ready to drop any day now though so I'm just waiting on that and looks like it will be a pretty big spawn if they don't eat them all first >.>
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #1487 
BettaLover1313

Gorgeous piece of Hawkeye! So beautiful!

Cats are such stinkers, aren't they? I have a feeling Renji will still try to go for my filter even when we do get him a water fountain to drink from. They're so cute though ^^.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #1488 
Huffle Puffles

Aww, noooo, poor lil' Selkie (SIP). Aw man, that made me so sad to read. I'm really sorry for your loss lilnaugrim :(
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #1489 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Gorgeous piece of Hawkeye! So beautiful!

Cats are such stinkers, aren't they? I have a feeling Renji will still try to go for my filter even when we do get him a water fountain to drink from. They're so cute though ^^.
Seriously! Cats! Ieli seriously hates Siberian and she was just laying by my side while Siberian is sitting on my butt as I lay on my bed and he was just looking at her and she starts growling and hissing at him and I'm like....wtf...settle down girl! But she ran away lol, she's definitely an out door kitty!

And thank you! I've got to decide who I'm going to do next! Mom wants me to do a piece of Selkie to commemorate her but I don't think I'll be doing a 22x30 piece of her lol Probably Aero but I've got to find a position for him and some ref pics to go off of. I wanted to do a watery background for this next one but Aero is blue and water is mostly blue....that's a lot of blue....I was thinking about doing Charlie or Azazel for it with the watery background. I want to try salt with the ink as well to see how cool that reacts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffle Puffles View Post
Aww, noooo, poor lil' Selkie (SIP). Aw man, that made me so sad to read. I'm really sorry for your loss lilnaugrim :(
Aww, I'm sorry to make you sad!!! But thank you.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #1490 
beautiful Betta

I love your picture. My cat used to sleep on my pillow with his head resting on mine, I would wake up feeling like I was wearing a fluffy hat.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote