Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #11 
Phoxly

I am finally seeing results and the possibilities it could be as I buy driftwood and more plants, I think I want some more crypt parva cause it makes a nice foreground, but we'll see.

I think if I find a good looking cave or hiding spot for my betta today, I'll divide it tonight. :D New stock at the tropical fish store. We'll see I guess :DDDDDDD
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #12 
vaygirl

I don't divide tanks but I don't have room for any more either. I sit and dream of another betta and think about putting it in my bedroom on my dresser, even though I know the electricity is a problem (cords cutting across the room or having the tank on a light switch we use). I'm so locked in indecision, so far I've done nothing. :P

Either way, have fun! :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #13 
Jennyinurmouth

@thepearlfish, I have that problem as well lol
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #14 
Eolith

Lol, I feel a little guilty too because I feel like my bettas get used to the luxury of a whole five or ten gallons to themselves... but then I divide it and feel horrid because they used to have it good but now not as much.

I also keep going back and forth because I have a ten gallon divided between two bettas but one fish has about three or four gallons worth to himself and the other one has more room. My justification is that the betta with more room also has two otos on his side and the filter is on his side. It creates a fair bit of disruption in the water so I feel like he needs a little more space to navigate around it.

But I still feel bad with the other betta partitioned on his side with less space. >_<
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #15 
Phoxly

Yeah I was worried about the filter alot when I was going to have it divided 3 ways, but with 2 ways I can have the filter flow down the middle. I might get 2 otos for each side. I'm taking the crappy topfin divider back and getting one of the penplax ones with the 1" bumper that rests up against the glass.

I'll probably properly plant all my plants, take out the seashells, and boil my driftwood tonight so its all clean and divided nicely for when I finally get a new fish. The tropical store didn't get new stock in today. >___> Petco did though, so we'll see...
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote