Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #1 
kuklachica

Job & fish updates

íHola!

Well Noche (in my avatar) has a new home. Actually he had a new home a couple of weeks ago but I have been too busy to post. The lady (lady? she's my age, 20s) is VERY knowledgeable about bettas so that made me feel great. She has a few tanks, has ordered bettas on aquabid, etc., and knows what she is talking about. He is doing very well with her! And she brought me a free 5 gallon tank with screen cover as a thank you! Woohoo! I am going to set it up next week, I think. I am going to divide it to put two HMPKs in it when my Petco gets them in.

Petco finally called me yesterday to schedule my summer work time. I thought they wouldn't want me anymore because I found out yesterday that I will have to do ELEVEN two-hour detention duties at school, plus possibly run a club, and hopefully take a class in the fall. Thus not very flexible. But they said, no problem, I can work when, and if, I can during the school year and whenever I want in the summer because, according the manager, "they don't want to lose someone with such a wealth of knowledge." So I will be working in the fish dept. and probably bird dept. cutting wings, etc. I have to say, my local Petco is REALLLLY good. Every other Petco I have been to has been bad to completely neglectful, but this one is clean, orderly, with better than avg. staff, and great animal conditions (including fish). I can count on one hand the number of dead bettas I have seen within the last 6 months (and I go there once a week or more), and there have been no dirty cups. I would not be willing to work at any other pet store other than this local Petco because they take the best care of their animals. Even our state's local chain pet store is not as good as this petco.

Anyway... update over ! Sorry for the long windedness. Soon I'll be unpacking the bettas!! Christmas each week!! HEHEHE!

Last edited by kuklachica; 06-15-2010 at 09:44 PM.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

I'm glad everything is going so well :) I was just thinking about Noche the other day and wondering if he had gone with the person you'd found.

I really wish I could get a job at my local petsmart. Anytime I go in there the girls are usually just standing around talking, I would be cleaning cups/tanks. Plus the people who work there know diddly squat about fish. Once I get back to savannah I'm going to start applying there again.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote